These easy seasoned Crispy Baked Potato Wedges can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Serve them as an appetizer, for game day snacking or as a side dish with your favorite burgers and sandwiches.
Oven Fried Crispy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
It's not often you can make a homerun side dish using so few ingredients. We love spuds at our house, and these yummy potato wedges are among my go-to recipes for quick dinners and snacking. I often pop them into the oven while I prepare the entrée of choice and if I time it just right, they're ready simultaneously. It took years of practice.
Helpful Tips for Making Potato Wedges in the Oven
- I most often use golden potatoes, like Yukon Gold for this recipe. It's purely personal preference, you can make these using good ole russet potatoes, white potatoes or red skinned potatoes, the choice is yours.
- I love serving these wedges with a variety of dipping sauces, especially when serving them as an appetizer. Sauces such as, Yum Yum Sauce or I whip-up a batch of Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce. Southern Comeback Sauce or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is spectacular, too.
- Depending on the brand of Creole or Cajun seasoning used, the amount of salt called for in the recipe may need to be adjusted.
- To lighten these potatoes up further, you can use cooking spray and decrease the amount of oil, or omit it altogether. It's important to use one or the other, though.
- When placing the wedges on the pan, cut side down is best for browning.
- If you forget to flip them, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end of baking to crisp the tops.
Dishes to Serve with Crispy Potato Wedges
I'm certain you don't need a lesson on what dishes go best with potatoes. That said, I have many choices in the MSSK recipe index that you may like to try:
- Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers
- Beer Battered Fish
- Pulled Pork Barbecue
- Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches from Life in the Lofthouse
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 3 lb golden potatoes scrubbed, blemishes removed peel intact
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning adjust to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice each potato in half, then each half into 2 (for smaller potatoes) or 3 (for larger potatoes) wedges, adjust depending on the size of the potatoes. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, and toss to coat. Add Parmesan, Cajun seasoning, salt and garlic. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Place cut side down on pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn and continue to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces.