These easy seasoned Crispy Baked Potato Wedges can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Serve them as an appetizer, for game day snacking or as a side dish with your favorite burgers and sandwiches.
Easy Crispy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
It's not often you can make a homerun side dish using so few ingredients. We love potatoes at our house in pretty much any form. Mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, skillet potatoes, potato hash, and the list goes on and on. This recipe for yummy oven fried potato wedges are among my go-to recipes for quick dinners and snacking. I often pop them into the oven while I prepare the entrée of choice and if I time it just right, they're ready simultaneously. That's a meal time win in my book.
How to Make the Best Crispy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
What are the best potatoes to make potato wedges? I most often use golden potatoes, like Yukon Gold for this recipe. It's purely personal preference, you can make these using good ole russet potatoes, white potatoes or red skinned potatoes, the choice is yours.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for homemade crispy Baked Potato Wedges: Three pounds of golden potatoes, olive oil, Cajun or Creole seasoning, salt, granulated garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- I love serving these wedges with a variety of dipping sauces, especially when serving them as an appetizer. Sauces such as, Yum Yum Sauce or I whip-up a batch of Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce. Southern Comeback Sauce or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is spectacular, too.
- What seasoning is best to use? Depending on the brand of Creole or Cajun seasoning used, the amount of salt called for in the recipe may need to be adjusted. There are several available on the spice aisle of most grocery stores. Brands like Tony Chachere's and Zatarain's are typically easy to find. You could also use seasoned salt, in a pinch.
- Can you lighten up the calories? To lighten these crispy potatoes up further, you can use cooking spray and decrease the amount of oil, or omit it altogether. It's important to use one or the other, though for the coating to stick.
- When placing the wedges on the pan, cut side down is best for browning.
- If you forget to flip them, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end of baking to crisp the tops.
- These potatoes aren't ideal for making in advance they should be baked and served. That said, you could reheat them in an air fryer at 365°F for several minutes to reheat.
- See how to make crisp Air Fryer Potatoes recipe here.
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
I'm certain you don't need a lesson on what dishes go best with potatoes. That said, I have many choices in the MSSK recipe index that you may like to try:
- Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers feature an easy barbecue mayonnaise for dressing the burgers.
- Beer Battered Fish with these crispy potatoes would be a seafood feast!
- Pulled Pork Barbecue is a North Carolina special.
- This recipe for homemade Crispy Chicken Sandwiches is better than any you'll get in a drive thru.
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches from Life in the Lofthouse
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 3 lb golden potatoes scrubbed, blemishes removed peel intact
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice each potato in half, then each half into 2 (for smaller potatoes) or 3 (for larger potatoes) wedges, adjust depending on the size of the potatoes. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, and toss to coat. Add Parmesan, Cajun seasoning, salt and garlic. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Place cut side down on pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn and continue to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces.