These loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes turn out creamy and fluffy on the inside with a crunchy seasoned skin. Top them with sour cream, cheese and bacon or any of your favorite toppings, and they become the ideal side dish for any meal.
Easy Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Air fryers have a plethora of uses and can come in handy for freeing up oven space when needed. That coupled with the fact, that you could skip the oven altogether and create delicious food, makes them even more attractive. In this instance, the potatoes bake in a shorter length of time, and the air fryer can work it's magic while you attend to the rest of the meal.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
This recipe is so very simple, I just wanted to mention a few things for your air frying success.
- How do the skins get so crispy? After a thorough cleaning, pat dry the potatoes with a paper towel or kitchen towel before rubbing with oil. This will allow the oil to create the crispy skin that makes these so delicious. You can use vegetable oil, peanut oil or olive oil for the exterior.
- The oil also helps the sea salt and black pepper seasonings to adhere to the potatoes.
- How does an air fryer work? Air fryers have fans that use intense heat that's rapidly circulated at the desired temperature around the food. In this instance, when air frying it's important to leave room between the potatoes to allow air to circulate evenly.
- Can I make smaller potatoes in an air fryer? Of course yes, just adapt the time. Naturally, if they're smaller they may not take as long to cook. Pierce them gently in the center with a fork or the tip of a knife to test before removing from the air fryer if you're unsure.
- Remove cooked potatoes from the air fryer using tongs or carefully remove the basket and dump the potatoes onto a platter, to protect your hands.
- Set up a toppings bar complete with butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions and cooked bacon so everyone can build their own top suit their taste.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes to Try
You may also like to try my recipes for Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken and Air Fryer Crispy Potato Wedges. Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops, Cajun seasoned Air Fryer Salmon and Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms.
Dishes to Serve with Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
The loveable spud is very versatile and inexpensive, it's no wonder we all love these carb laden treats so much. A few dishes in the Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen Recipe Index to try:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Smothered Philly Cheese Cubed Steak
- Roasted Chili Lime Pork Tenderloin
- Sticky Maple Barbecue Chicken
- Easy Keto Jambalaya from All Day I Dream About Food
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium-large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable, peanut or olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste for seasoning skin
- Toppings: butter, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, sliced green onion, salt and pepper to taste
- Spray basket of air fryer with cooking spray.
- Scrub skin of potatoes and pat dry. Do not pierce. Rub with oil on all sides and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place into air fryer arranging to allow air to circulate on all sides without touching.
- Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes, then turn and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Slice from end to end and squeeze gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with butter, sour cream, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese and green onions.