This Loaded Tater Tots recipe makes a fun appetizer, casual side dish with burgers or game day snack. They're topped with warm queso plus shredded cheese transforming them into ooey gooey good eats.
Loaded Tater Tots Drizzled with Queso
I'm not sure what it is about tater tots that makes them so irresistible to eat. Whether they're in a breakfast casserole with Italian sausage or arranged on top of a barbecue beef dinner casserole, the crisp exterior is undeniably delicious.
Helpful Tips for Making Loaded Tater Tots
This recipe is so simple to make, you really can't go wrong. Just a couple of tips to mention:
- This recipe easily doubles, if you have a hungry crowd to feed.
- Whip-up the ranch flavored sour cream in advance, place into an airtight container and chill. Doing so will give time for the seasonings to mellow and become full flavored.
- To cut down on prep time, I used a delicious prepared queso that we enjoy. If you'd like to make your own queso, see how to make slow cooker queso blanco dip here.
- If you prefer, you can use all sour cream for the ranch dip dressing. If you're in a time crunch, a purchased Ranch dip will work.
- Due to the nature of tater tots, after assembling, serve immediately so they won't become soggy.
- You can use any flavor of shredded cheese that you enjoy, or that you have on hand. Queso quesadilla or monterey jack cheese melts very easily and it's my go-to for these loaded tater tots. That being said, use a really yummy easy to melt cheese and you'll be good to go.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 32 oz package frozen tater tots
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1.0 oz packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup queso blanco warmed
- 2 cups shredded queso quesadilla, monterey jack or colby-jack cheese (Use your favorite)
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange tater tots on pan and bake for 25 minutes or per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayo and ranch dressing mix. Keep chilled until assembling. (This can be done one day in advance for a timesaver)
- To assemble: Arrange tater tots on a serving platter or serve on pan. Drizzle with warm queso. Top with shredded cheese, ½ ranch seasoned sour cream, crumbled bacon and green onion.
- Serve immediately with remaining ranch sour cream on the side.