This Loaded Tater Tots recipe makes a fun appetizer, casual side dish with burgers or game day snack. They’re topped with warm queso plus shredded cheese transforming them into ooey gooey good eats.
Easy Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
I’m not sure what it is about tater tots that makes them so irresistible to eat. Whether they’re in a breakfast casserole with Italian sausage or arranged on top of a barbecue beef dinner casserole, the crisp exterior is undeniably delicious.
How to Make the Best Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
This recipe is so simple to make, you really can’t go wrong. Just a couple of tips to mention:
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Loaded Tater Tots: Frozen tater tots i.e. Oneida or similar, sour cream, mayonnaise, dry ranch dressing mix, cooked and crumbled bacon, warm queso blanco cheese, shredded queso quesadilla cheese, and green onions.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A rimmed sheet pan, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board.
- This recipe easily doubles, if you have a hungry crowd to feed.
- For a time saver, whip-up the ranch flavored sour cream in advance, place into an airtight container and chill. Doing so will give time for the seasonings to mellow and become full flavored.
- To cut down on prep time, I used a delicious prepared queso that we enjoy. If you’d like to make your own queso, see how to make Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip here.
- If you prefer, you can use all sour cream for the ranch dip dressing and omit the mayonnaise. If you’re in a time crunch, a purchased Ranch dip will work.
- Due to the nature of tater tots, after assembling, serve immediately so they won’t become soggy.
- You can use any flavor of shredded cheese that you enjoy, or that you have on hand. Queso quesadilla or monterey jack cheese melts very easily and it’s my go-to for these loaded tater tots. That being said, use a really yummy easy to melt cheese and you’ll be good to go.
- These loaded tater tots are best made and eaten fresh. If you have any leftover, you may be able to reheat on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven or in an air fryer for a few minutes just until they’ve crisped a bit. Remove any sour cream prior to reheating.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
I’ve always said that appetizers are one of the most important parts of entertaining. It gives everyone the chance to casually chat and eat at the same time! More easy appetizer recipes you may also like to try:
- Classic Shrimp Cocktail served with cocktail sauced and lemon dill sauce for dipping.
- Candied Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks can be made in advance for a time saver.
- These Reuben Nachos are a tasty option for St Patrick’s Day.
- Save money and make your own Crab Rangoon at home.
- These pastry wrapped Italian Meatball Bites are so yummy dipped in warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- These homemade Southern Cheese Straws are a cross between a cheese stick and a cracker.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip from Crayons and Cravings.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 32 oz package frozen tater tots
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1.0 oz packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup queso blanco warmed
- 2 cups shredded queso quesadilla, monterey jack or colby-jack cheese (Use your favorite)
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange tater tots on pan and bake for 25 minutes or per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayo and ranch dressing mix. Keep chilled until assembling. (This can be done one day in advance for a timesaver)
- To assemble: Arrange tater tots on a serving platter or serve on pan. Drizzle with warm queso. Top with shredded cheese, 1/2 ranch seasoned sour cream, crumbled bacon and green onion.
- Serve immediately with remaining ranch sour cream on the side.