This Cheesy Garlic Loaf is an ooey gooey cheese extravaganza. It turns a loaf of Italian bread into an irresistible cheese laden treat to serve as a side dish or an appetizer. It’s certain to compliment a variety of entrees such as soups, stews, grilled steaks and chicken, pasta and beyond.
Cheesy Garlic Loaf
This recipe turns an inexpensive fluffy loaf of Italian bread into a million dollar treat. Seriously. You know the bread I’m talking about. Those big fluffy Italian loaves that are sold in abundance in the bakery section of most any neighborhood market.Garlic bread can be served with any meal and even as an appetizer if you’re entertaining. In that instance, It’s fabulous when served with warm marinara sauce for dipping. It doesn’t matter how I serve it I know it’s guaranteed to produce “oohs” and “aahs” from those devouring it.
Assemble in Advance and Save Time
One of the many reasons to love this cheesy garlic bread, is the fact that it can be assembled ahead of time and then wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated. Unwrap it and bake when you’re ready. If this batch using an entire loaf makes more than you need, bake and cool completely. You can then wrap leftovers and pop them into the freezer for another meal. Pull it out, thaw and reheat under the broiler for an anytime treat. It’s appeals to the bread, cheese and garlic lovers alike.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Garlic Loaf
- 1 large Italian loaf halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 thin green onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley or fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the bread halves crust side down side by side on a baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the softened butter, mayonnaise, minced garlic, garlic salt, and paprika until fully combined.
- Mix the colby-jack and mozzarella cheese together. Reserve 1 cup.
- By hand mix-in 2 cups of shredded cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and green onions into the butter mixture.
- Divided evenly between the bread halves spreading from end to end. Sprinkle the reserved shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to the broil setting.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Slice into 1-inch strips, garnish with Italian parsley or chives. Serve immediately.