This Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf is an ooey gooey cheese extravaganza. It turns a loaf of Italian bread from the grocery store bakery into an irresistible cheese laden treat. It's certain to complement a variety of entrees such as soups, stews, grilled steaks and chicken, pasta and beyond. You can also enjoy it as an appetizer for game day and casual gatherings.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf Recipe
This recipe turns an inexpensive fluffy loaf of Italian bread into a million dollar treat. Seriously. You know the bread I'm talking about. Those big fluffy Italian loaves that are sold in abundance in the bakery section of most any neighborhood market. Garlic bread can be served with any meal and even as an appetizer if you're entertaining. In that instance, It's fabulous when served with warm marinara sauce for dipping. It doesn't matter how I serve it I know it's guaranteed to produce "oohs" and "aahs" from those devouring it. It's appeals to the bread, cheese and garlic lovers alike.
How to Make the BEST Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf: Italian loaf of bread, butter, mayonnaise, garlic, granulated garlic, paprika, shredded colby jack cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, green onions, parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: One large sheet pan, bread knife, and cutting board, medium bowl, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons and spreading knife or spatula.
- I highly recommend the varieties of cheese called for in the recipe for the maximum gooey garlic bread. That said, you can adapt using your favorite cheese or what you have on hand.
- To save time, assemble the garlic bread in advance. Another of the many reasons to love this cheesy garlic bread,
- Fully assemble ahead of time and then wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap and place the two halves cheese side up on a sheet pan. Bake it per the recipe just before serving as a side dish or an appetizer.
- If this batch using an entire loaf makes more than you need, bake it and then cool completely. You can then wrap leftovers and pop them into the refrigerator keeping for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave, in an air fryer or under the broiler in the oven just until heated through.
- You can also freeze leftovers for another meal. When frozen, thaw and reheat under the broiler for an anytime treat.
More Easy Bread Recipes to Make
- These Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Breadsticks are a delicious grab and go dessert option.
- Pepper Jack Cheese Bread features bacon and jalapenos for kick.
- This Italian Herb Beer Bread requires no yeast at all with the beer serving as leavening.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is party ready.
- Use frozen dinner rolls to make this Pull Apart Garlic Parmesan Bread.
- Fill a fluffy loaf of bread from the grocery store bakery with eggs, cheese and bacon for a Bacon Egg and Cheese Bread Boat.
- Rustic Sourdough Bread from King Arthur Flour.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf
- 1 large Italian loaf halved lengthwise
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- 3 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 thin green onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley or fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the bread halves crust side down side by side on a baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the softened butter, mayonnaise, minced garlic, garlic salt, and paprika until fully combined.
- Mix the colby-jack and mozzarella cheese together. Reserve 1 cup.
- By hand mix-in 2 cups of shredded cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and green onions into the butter mixture.
- Divided evenly between the bread halves spreading from end to end. Sprinkle the reserved shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to the broil setting.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Slice into 1-inch strips, garnish with Italian parsley or chives. Serve immediately.
This looks so good! I was planning to make garlic bread this weekend, I might have to make it a cheesy garlic loaf after seeing this! I found you at the Weekend Potluck.
Hi Alison, this bread is addicting. Thanks for stopping by!