Cheesy Garlic Loaf – This cheesy garlic loaf turns an inexpensive fluffy loaf of Italian bread into a million dollar treat. Seriously. You know the bread I’m talking about. Those big fluffy Italian loaves that are sold in abundance in the bakery section of most any neighborhood market. Garlic bread can be served with any meal and even as an appetizer if you’re entertaining. In that instance, serve it with warm marinara sauce for dipping. It doesn’t matter how I serve it I know it’s guaranteed to produce “Oohs” and “Aahs” from those devouring it.
I actually love this cheesy garlic bread for the fact it can be assembled ahead of time and then wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated. Unwrap and bake when you’re ready to serve it. If this batch using an entire loaf makes more than you need after cooling completely, wrap leftovers and pop it into the freezer. Pull it out, thaw and reheat under the broiler for an anytime treat. It’s appeals to the bread and butter fans, cheese and garlic lovers alike.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
Cheesy Garlic Loaf
- 1 large Italian loaf halved lengthwise
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the bread halves crust side down side by side on a baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the softened butter, mayonnaise, minced garlic, garlic salt, and paprika until fully combined.
- Mix the colby-jack and mozzarella cheese together. Reserve 1 cup.
- By hand mix-in 2 cups of shredded cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and green onions into the butter mixture.
- Divided evenly between the bread halves spreading from end to end. Sprinkle the reserved shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to the broil setting.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Slice, garnish with chopped Italian parsely and serve immediately.