Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mom's Dressing for Cole Slaw
Servings: 2 lbs
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 16 oz packages deli style cole slaw mix
- 4 medium chopped green onions
- Over medium heat in a stove top sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in the vinegar. Over low heat whisk in the flour, lemon juice and seasonings. Whisk until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl, then pour 2 tablespoon of the warm liquid into the beaten egg yolks to temper them.
- Slowly drizzle the egg yolks into the vinegar mixture, whisking continually. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove top and beat in 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Beat for 2 minutes or until the dressing has thickened and is light yellow in color. Cool completely.
- After the dressing has cooled pour over the chopped cole slaw and green onions. Mix well.
- Let the cole slaw chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed, and stir well before serving.
Serving: 1lb | Calories: 794kcal | Carbohydrates: 134g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 256mg | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 116g | Vitamin A: 1259IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg