Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
Servings: 1 cup (approximately)
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 large egg yolks beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 16 oz packages deli style cole slaw mix
- 4 medium chopped green onions
- Over medium heat in a medium-size heavy bottomed saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in the vinegar. Over low heat whisk in the flour, lemon juice and seasonings. Whisk until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl. To the bowl add 2 tablespoon of the warm liquid whisking constantly to combine and temper.
- Slowly drizzle the egg yolks into the vinegar mixture in the saucepan, whisking continually. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove top and beat in 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Beat for 2 minutes or until the dressing has thickened and is light yellow in color. Pop it into the fridge to cool completely.
- After the dressing has cooled pour over the chopped coleslaw and green onions. Mix well. Let the cole slaw chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Mix well before serving.