My Mom's Dressing for Cole Slaw
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 [16 oz] bags of deli style cole slaw mix
- 4 chopped green onions
- Over medium heat in a stove top sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in the vinegar. Over low heat whisk in the flour, lemon juice and seasonings. Whisk until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl, then pour 2 tablespoon of the warm liquid into the beaten egg yolks to temper them.
- Slowly drizzle the egg yolks into the vinegar mixture, whisking continually. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove top and beat in 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Beat for 2 minutes or until the dressing has thickened and is light yellow in color. Cool completely.
- After the dressing has cooled pour over the chopped cole slaw and green onions. Mix well.
- Let the cole slaw chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed, and stir well before serving.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!