There’s no need to start a campfire to make these No Bake S’mores Bars at home. They’re prepared in a simple and familiar technique much like rice krispie treats. To make them, graham cracker-like cereal is smothered with mixture of buttery melted marshmallows and chocolate chips then they’re topped with additional marshmallows for fun. They’re guaranteed to delight kids of all ages.
Easy No Bake S’mores Bars Recipe
I began making these no-bake s’mores bars years ago after seeing the recipe on the back of the cereal box. Don’t you just love those? I develop recipes for Brands professionally now and have had some of my own recipes featured on various brand packaging. I know firsthand they can sometimes be a valuable resource for using a product. These are a tasty option when you’re concerned about small children getting too close for comfort to the campfire and they can help with the preparation, too! They feature that chewy gooey texture that just never gets old. How to make no bake S’mores Cereal Bars: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Pan – You’ll need a 13 x 9 inch baking pan coated with softened butter or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Marshmallow coating – In a large deep pot melt together butter, mini marshmallows, light corn syrup and milk chocolate chips on low heat. Melt for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely smooth then add the vanilla.
- Cereal – To the warm chocolate mixture add the Golden Grahams Cereal, mini marshmallows and remaining milk chocolate chips. Work quickly, stirring until the cereal is completely coated.
- Press the cereal mixture into the buttered pan.
- Garnish – Gently press the remaining 3/4 cup mini marshmallows on top. Cool for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Serve – Cut using a sharp knife into desired size bars and enjoy!
How to Make the BEST No Bake S’mores Bars Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade No Bake S’mores Bars: Golden Grahams Cereal, mini marshmallows, butter, light corn syrup, milk chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large pot or bowl, measuring cups and spoons, non stick silicone spatula and 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- How do you make S’mores Bars? You begin much like making Rice Krispies Treats melting together butter, milk chocolate chips, corn syrup and marshmallows. Once the mixture has combined, you add the cereal and reserved chocolate chips and marshmallows. Work quickly mixing to combine them press into the prepared pan. Garnish with the reserved mini marshmallows.
- It’s important to allow the s’mores bars to cool completely at room temperature before cutting. I don’t recommend storing or cooling these in the fridge or freezing them.
- You can use semi sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, if desired.
- Please note: Light corn syrup refers to the color of the syrup and not the sugar content. Dark corn syrup has a molasses like color and flavor. Light corn syrup works best for this recipe.
- When making these sorts of bars that are similar to rice krispies treats, it’s important to work quickly when spreading the cereal mixture into the pan as it sets quickly.
- Mini marshmallows are used in this recipe and they work perfectly, so it’s not necessary to make your own for these s’mores bars. That said, if you’ve never tried making your own marshmallows, you may be surprised at how delicious Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows can be and they make a fabulous topping for a cup of hot cocoa.
- Store No Bake S’mores Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes to Make
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are addictive.
- No Bake Banana Pudding Pie is a rockstar dessert ideal for any occasion.
- Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars are made using graham crackers as the base.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies a.k.a. Preacher Cookies are an oldie but goodie.
- No Bake Triple Berry Ice Box Pie features Patriotic colors.
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake is so simple to make you’ll make it over and over again.
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles via Taste of Lizzy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
No Bake S’mores Bars
- 6 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 10.5 oz mini marshmallows plus 1 3/4 cup, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- Butter bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with 1 Tbsp softened butter or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a deep pot on the stovetop over low heat, melt together butter, 10.5 oz mini marshmallows, light corn syrup and 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips. Melt for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely smooth. Add vanilla, mixing well.
- To the mixture add cereal, 1 cup mini marshmallows and remaining 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Work quickly, stirring until the cereal is completely coated.
- Press the mixture into the buttered pan. Gently press the remaining 3/4 cup mini marshmallows on top. Cool for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Cut using a sharp knife into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.