You’re certain to satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter craving with these ooey gooey Reese’s Cup Scotcheroos. To make them, crispy rice cereal is coated with a gooey peanut butter coating then mixed with a generous amount of chopped peanut butter cups. Frosted with melted chocolate they’re a no-bake handheld treat ideal for any special occasion.
What Is A Scotcheroo?
Scotcheroos were originally developed by the kitchens of Karo Syrup. I’ve worked closely with the Karo Team developing several recipes for them through the years. Classic Scotcheroos are made using Rice Krispies cereal and a peanut butter coating. They’re frosted with a combination of melted butterscotch and chocolate chips. Scotcheroos are super popular in the Midwest but, beloved by kids of all ages country wide. This sweet treat incorporates Reese’s cups and peanut butter chips instead because…why not? It’s a fabulous twist on a tried and true classic, that we love.
No-Bake No Fuss
A couple of other variations of the original recipe that I developed with the Karo Team, are these cute little Scotcheroo Bon Bons and Halloween Scotcheroos that my boys love. You can cut them into any shape you like but, you can never go wrong with classic squares. In these Reese’s Cup Scotcheroos, I opted to mix chocolate chips with peanut butter chips for the topping and the combo was the cherry on top. These no-bake squares are a family favorite perfect for kids parties, tailgating, the holidays, or when you need an easy sweet fix in a snap. See also Brownie Scotcheroos and Snack Mix Scotcheroos.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Adapted from and Original Recipe: Chocolate Scotcheroos
Reese's Cup Scotcheroos
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 8 full size Reese's cups roughly chopped to equal 1 cup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Line the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and using a large non-stick spoon or spatula to stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add cereal; stir just until lightly coated then add the chopped peanut butter cups. Mix until fully distributed and cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour into the pan and pat into place.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of bars.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.