Easy Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting
I have to say, even though this icing is pink, my boys don’t seem to mind. It provides the perfect backdrop for sprinkles if you’re planning a party. The pink color compliments fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries, too. A really cute way to decorate these cupcakes, is with a colorful paper straw readily found in the party section of most stores such as Target and Walmart as well as craft stores like Michaels. It’s a fun and inexpensive way to present a simple cupcake and take it to another level.
How to Make the BEST Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting: Butter, plain cream cheese, frozen pink lemonade concentrate, lemon zest, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and red or pink food coloring.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, large bowl and large non stick spatula or spoon to scrape the bowl.
- You can adjust the intensity of the color by adding food coloring until it reaches your desired level of color.
- You can also use plain Neufchatel cheese in place of full fat cream cheese for a lighter frosting.
- This frosting recipe will make around 6 cups of frosting. That means you’ll have enough to frost 36 cupcakes, one 3 layer  inch layer cake, and more than enough for a standard 13 x 9 sheet cake
- You can use this classic flavor combination to frost Sour Cream Angel Cakes or White Buttermilk Cake or your favorite vanilla or butter cake cupcakes.
- Store Pink Lemonade Frosting in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- You can also freeze this frosting for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator prior ot using.
- After chilling, you’ll need to beat the frosting with an electric mixer prior to use.
More Easy Frosting Recipes to Make
- Creamy Whipped Chocolate Frosting.
- Fluffy 7 Minute Frosting is scrumptious on chocolate cake, vanilla, coconut or red velvet.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is a classic that everyone should have in their recipe file.
- Frost spice cakes or butter cake with this Brown Sugar Buttercream Icing.
- Caramel fans will love this Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Frost chocolate cupcakes with Peanut Buttercream Icing.
- Lemon Frosting from Sugar Spun Run.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 4-5 Tbsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- red or pink food coloring
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat for 3 minutes on medium-high speed until fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- To the bowl add vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest, beating just until combined.
- Lower the speed of the mixer, and begin to add the powdered sugar, alternately with the thawed pink lemonade concentrate. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically, so all of the ingredients will combine.
- Add a few drops of red or pink food coloring until it reaches desired color.
- After all of the ingredients have been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy and no lumps remain.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to one week. Beat using a mixer prior to using.