This spectacular one layer Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake is an oven fresh seasonal dessert infused with puréed pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. It starts with simple pantry ingredients much like a classic pound cake. All purpose flour, sugar and eggs are combined with creamed butter and puréed pumpkin and then the luscious addition of sweetened condensed milk takes it to the moon.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake Recipe
Seasonal desserts are so fun to make aren't they? It seems like pumpkin spice takes over the world mid to late August. Everywhere you look there's anything and everything pumpkin spice in cereals, breads, lattes, coffee creamer, doughnuts and beyond. It's really not new though. It's all about pumpkin and cinnamon, a touch of clove or allspice a dash of nutmeg and ground ginger thrown in for fun. This is the same spice combination that's been used together with pumpkin during autumn for eons and once again, they shine in this cake. It's baked in a springform pan to create one thick layer cake. I serve this confection cut into wedges and dripping with my Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce topped with whipped cream. It's not only delicious but, sure to make an impressive dessert statement this holiday season.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake Recipe
This Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake is a spin-off of my uber popular sweetened condensed milk butter cake. It has a pound cake-like texture and the addition of pumpkin puree gives just the right amount of subtle flavor to turn it into a fall treat.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake: All purpose flour, pumpkin puree, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, butter, large eggs, vanilla extract and one can of sweetened condensed milk. You'll also need whipped cream for serving.
- To make the Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce you'll need: Chopped toasted pecans, butter, light corn syrup, light brown sugar, heavy cream, salt, ground cinnamon, baking soda, bourbon and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 9 inch springform pan, a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons an offset spatula and rubber spoon or spatula to scrape the mixing bowl.
- The praline pecan sauce is optional but it is well worth the effort to make. You can also make it in advance then warm it slightly until it's able to be easily poured over the top of the cake before serving.
- How do you make homemade whipped cream? Use a mixer to whip together 2 cups of heavy cream with ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Store chilled until serving.
- You can make this cake up to 3 months in advance then wrap and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator and top with the praline sauce and whipped cream just before serving.
- Store Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes to Make
I really enjoy pumpkin goodies both sweet and savory. More sweet pumpkin recipes you may also like to make:
- Confections like a cream cheese filled Pumpkin Cake Roll, Pumpkin Cheescake Parfaits and Pumpkin Spice Lush evoke the emotion that the holiday season has officially begun. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- See how to make your own Homemade Pumpkin Puree at home.
- Start your day with Pumpkin French Toast.
- People will love these individual serving Mini Pumpkin Pies.
- Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Pecan Cookies.
- Another sweet idea to make are these Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from The Midnight Baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree i.e. Libby's
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1 batch Bourbon Pecan Praline Sauce
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan or spray liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream together the butter, both sugars and vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high speed stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically until fluffy and light beige in color.
- Add the pumpkin beating until incorporated..
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the sweetened condensed milk beginning and ending with flour.
- After all has been added beat for about 30-45 seconds.Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bounce gently to release trapped air.
- Place into the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes (1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Do not over bake. Check at 45 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove the outer ring. Cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Serve drizzled with Bourbon Pecan Praline Sauce and whipped cream, if desired.