Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Pizza
When you think of pizza, this combo probably isn't the first to come to mind. That said, it's a fantastic way to shake things up from time to time. Variety is the spice of life, yes? My kiddos love barbecue chicken pizza, bacon cheeseburger pizza and sausage and egg pizza for breakfast from time to time. All three are simple to make and allow us to enjoy the flavors we all love in a different form. Fusion cooking is the best!
Tips for Making Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Pizza
This pizza is designed to be quick and easy so, I wanted you to know it's perfectly OK to reach for a tube of pizza dough from time to time.
- Should you choose to make your own, naturally, I highly recommend my recipe for homemade pizza dough.
- Keep in mind that shrimp cooks very quickly. The purpose of giving them a head start in the skillet is for flavor. They'll cook fully in the oven, so, just give them a quick toss in the sausage drippings.
- If you'd like, sliced onion or peppers would be a tasty addition to this Cajun flavor combination.
- Cajun seasoning varies in heat and sodium from brand to brand. Adjust the amount in the recipe depending on the brand you choose to use. Both Tony Chachere's and Zatarain's have Cajun and Creole options that are readily available in most grocery stores.
- Wanna make your own pizza sauce? See my recipe for easy homemade pizza sauce.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rajin' Cajun Shrimp And Andouille Sausage Pizza
- 1 13.8 oz tube refrigerated thin or classic pizza crust dough or 1 lb homemade pizza dough
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb fresh andouille sausage casings removed
- 18 medium raw shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- ¾ tsp Cajun seasoning divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- ½ cup prepared fire roasted pizza sauce i.e. Classic or your favorite
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 12 inch round pizza pan with cooking spray and press the pizza crust evenly onto the pan.
- In a stove top skillet over medium-high, brown sausage in 1-2 Tbsp olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove from pan.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of creole seasoning, then saute in the sausage drippings for about 20 seconds. Do not over cook, remove from the heat.
- To assemble pizza: In a small bowl, mix ½ teaspoon creole seasoning with pizza sauce. Spread over crust. (Adjust amount of seasoning to your taste)
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese, andouille and arrange shrimp evenly on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of shredded pepper jack cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. (Adjust cooking time if using homemade pizza dough. Link in Cook's notes)
- Sprinkle with the sliced fresh basil and serve.