Easy Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip Recipe
Make ahead munchies are terrific for busy entertaining days. Spinach dip is one of my all-time favorite make ahead appetizers to prepare. Either the classic spinach dip served chilled or a warm and this gooey baked version. Spinach, roasted poblano peppers are mixed with a generous serving of sour cream, cream cheese and mayonnaise to bind it all together. It’s then finish with seasonings and cheese.
How to Make the BEST Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip: Frozen chopped spinach, poblano peppers, shallots, sour cream, plain cream cheese, mayonnaise, half and half, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, seasoned salt, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and shredded pepper jack cheese or monterey cheese. You’ll also need tortilla chips for serving.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, 1 1/2-2 quart baking dish, lint free kitchen towels, measuring cups and spoons, sheet pan, tongs, cheese grater, silicone spatula or large spoon,
- For an even more robust flavor, prepare this dip the day before you want to serve it, cover and chill. The fiesta flavor will become even more intense and enjoyable.
- It’s important to remove as much liquid as possible from the spinach. Place it into a lint free towel and squeeze repeating the process until it’s all removed. This will prevent the dip from becoming watery.
- You can swap out red onion for shallots in this recipe.
- The poblanos can also be roasted using a gas stove top, if you have one. Use long tongs and hold the peppers over turning a low flame turning as it browns and bubbles, then proceed with the recipe as written. Be careful!
- Serve this dip with a side of your favorite chunky salsa or homemade pico de gallo and a basket filled with tortilla chips for dipping and it’s guaranteed to be gone in a flash.
- You can fully assemble this Spinach Dip one day in advance and bake it just before serving.
- Store baked Spinach Dip chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven or in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Dip Recipes to Make
- You may also like to try my recipe for Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon.
- Easy Dill Pickle Dip.
- Hearty Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip with crostini is practically a meal in itself.
- Classic Italian Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe.
- This Reuben Dip is perfect for your St Patrick’s Day celebration.
- BLT Dip is the best of both worlds.
- You may also like these Spinach Artichoke Bites from My Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 7 oz boxes frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeeze dry
- 2 small shallots minced
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper [more or less to taste]
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper-Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips salsa and sour cream for serving
- To roast the peppers, preheat the oven to broil. and position the oven rack to the highest level.
- Place the peppers on a roasting pan. Roast the peppers for 2-3 minutes per side or until the skin begins to bubble and turn brown. Carefully turn using tongs to roast evenly.
- Place roasted peppers into a plastic zip-top storage bag and seal. Allow to steam for around 5-10 minutes. Peel, remove stem and seeds and chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 1.5 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Squeeze the spinach in a kitchen towel or paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the spinach with the chopped poblano, shallots, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, half and half, cilantro, lime juice garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared dish and top with remaining Parmesan and Monterey Jack cheese..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream, if desired.