Make ahead munchies are terrific for busy entertaining days. For an even more robust flavor, prepare this dip the day before you want to serve it and chill. The fiesta flavor will become even more intense and enjoyable plus it’s ready to bake when you’re ready to eat. Serve it with a side of your favorite chunky salsa or homemade pico de gallo and a basket filled with tortilla chips for dipping and it’s guaranteed to be gone in a flash.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 [7 oz] boxes frozen chopped spinach thawed & drained well
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 [8 oz] sour cream
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 black pepper [more or less to taste]
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper-Jack or Monetery Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips salsa and sour cream for serving
- To roast the peppers, preheat the oven to broil. and position the oven rack to the highest level.
- Place the peppers on a roasting pan. Roast the peppers for 2-3 minutes per side or until the skin begins to bubble and turn brown. Carefully turn using tongs to roast evenly.
- Place roasted peppers into a plastic zip-top storage bag and seal. Allow to steam for around 5-10 minutes. Peel, remove stem and seeds and chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 1.5 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Squeeze the spinach in a kitchen towel or paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the spinach with the chopped poblano, shallots, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, half and half, cilantro, lime juice garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared dish and top with remaining Parmesan and Monterey Jack cheese..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream, if desired.