For busy oven days or busy days in general, this Slow Cooker Three Meat Lasagna will take the stress out of meal preparation. After preparing the rich meat sauce and assembling the rest is up to my personal chef, aka slow cooker. The slow cooker simmers the rich and meaty marinara sauce with uncooked lasagna noodles to tender perfection. Layers of seasoned ricotta cheese, slices of spicy pepperoni and lots of gooey cheese complete the ensemble. It will make you think you’re dining at an Italian restaurant instead of at your own kitchen table.
Slow cookers, much like ovens, can vary wildly in temperature depending on their shape and age. FDA guidelines have changed throughout the years and so has the crockpot manufacturing industry. So, consider those factors when you’re making any slow cooked dish be it from my website or others. Just know, next time you plan a family-pleasing feast, the layers of Italian love in this lasagna will delight your hungry eaters. Mangia!
You may also like: Slow Cooked Chicken Parmesan Pasta, Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta, Italian Crockpot Bacon Cheesy Rotini , Crockpot Pizza Casserole and Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooker Three Meat Lasagna
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- Olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp dry Italians seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 16-ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 1 67-ounce marinara sauce (I.e. Prego)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Fresh basil for garnishing
- Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Cook the onion over medium-high heat until translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and sausage to the pan. Add 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the marinara sauce and tomato paste. Cook stirring just until the tomato paste has dissolved. Remove from the heat. (This can be done in advance and chilled until assembling)
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the ricotta, beaten egg, grated Parmesan and 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- To assemble: Spray the crock of a 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup meat sauce sauce on the bottom from edge to edge.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in a single layer over the sauce. Break to fit as needed.
- spread with 1/3 of the ricotta, 1/3 of the meat sauce, 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Arrange 10 pepperoni slices over the cheese. Repeat 2 more times.
- Top with the 4th layer of noodles and cover liberally with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. (See Cook's note)
- Uncover and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and rest until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Cut and serve.
If assembling with hot meat sauce and cooked immediately check for doneness at 4 hours.