This Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake is filled with a cheesecake filling and topped with billows of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It's certain to be the belle of your dessert party.
Best Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake Recipe
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake Recipe
- What is a poke cake? Poke cakes were made famous in the early 1970's when the recipe showed up in ad for Jello-O. Fast forward and poke cake recipes run the full gamut in flavors and fillings made with various flavors of jello, pudding and beyond.
- Do you have to use a cake mix for this Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake? You can begin this cake with a cake mix or if you prefer to bake from scratch use my recipe for my White Buttermilk Cake.
- The filling for this strawberry cake is made using cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk along with vanilla extract. It's cheesecake-like flavor is the perfect match for the creamy topping.
- Half of the poke cake filling is spread onto the cake while it's warm and half is mixed with fresh berries and spread on top. It's meant to melt just a bit into the holes poked into the freshly baked cake.
- Can I use Cool Whip for the frosting? You can use fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip for the topping. Please note that a frozen whipped topping will remain more stable than sweetened fresh whipped cream.
- You can decorate the top of this cake as simple or as fancy as you like. The truth is, no matter how you choose to decorate the top one bite of this masterpiece and no one will care it's so darn tasty.
Other Strawberries and Cream Desserts to Add to the Menu
This luscious poke cake recipe really shows the baking love to those you serve it to. I always enjoy the reaction when I pull it out at the end of the meal. The combination of strawberries and cream remain a family favorite at my house any day of the year. Making something as special as this cake, is sure to garner praise from your friends and family. More strawberry dessert recipes to make:
- This Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle recipe is a stunner.
- When individual desserts wsre in order serve these Easy Strawberry Parfaits.
- Strawberries and Cream Pie has a creamy layer hidden inside.
- Strawberries and Cream Gooey Butter Cake is a spin on an old favorite.
- Another strawberry dessert you may like to try is this Strawberry Delight from Deep South Dish.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 oz box white cake mix plus eggs, oil and water to prepare [See Cook's note]
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries divided
- 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream OR 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed, divided use
- 4 oz white chocolate grated
- few drops pink or red food coloring [optional]
- Prepare the white cake in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan per the instructions on the packaging. Use the recommended amount of eggs, oil and water. Remove from the oven and use the back of a wooden spoon or to similar poke holes all over the cake.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl, whip together the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla for 2 minutes. Whip until fluffy and fully blended. Whip in 1 cup of sweetened whipped cream OR Cool Whip. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired to make it pink.
- Spread half of the whipped cream cheese filling onto the warm cake pressing gently into the holes.
- Hull and cube enough strawberries to equal 2 cups and set aside the desired amount of whole berries to decorate the top.
- Mix the cubed strawberries into the remaining cream cheese mixture by hand then spread on top. Place the cake into the fridge for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, frost with remaining whipped cream or Cool whip and decorate as desired with grated white chocolate and the reserved whole strawberries. Cut and serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
2) To decorate the cake as pictured additional fresh whipped cream or whipped topping will be needed.