These oh-so-sweet and decadent white chocolate glazed Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls make the perfect handheld start to any day or special occasion brunch.
Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls with White Chocolate Glaze
Sweet rolls can be made in any variety of flavors, and this recipe will work equally well with any flavor you choose. I find these rolls do best with a spreadable fruit or in a pinch, chunky preserves rather than jelly. After baking the almond paste gives the sweet rolls a chewy texture, that’s so incredibly appealing. This recipe is suitable for bakers of all skill levels, and the perfect accompaniment for a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Helpful Tips for Making Cherry Sweet Rolls
- These rolls are made jelly roll style. Start with the widest, or longest edge and shape as you go.
- If you’d like to glaze this with a simple cream and powdered sugar glaze, you can.
- Almond Paste is available on the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- You can use any flavor of fruit spread that you enjoy to make these rolls into other flavors.
- Other sweet roll recipes you may like: Orange Cinnamon Rolls, Easy Caramel Pecan Sticky Rolls and Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Brie Cherry Pastry Cups from Taste of Home.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls
- 1 7 oz tube almond paste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 13.4 oz tube refrigerated classic pizza dough [i.e. Pillsbury]
- 1 10 oz jar cherry spreadable fruit [i.e. Polaner]
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Glaze icing:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp cream or half & half
- 3 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
- Toasted sliced almonds for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz an 8 x 12 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside. Grate the almond paste into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the softened butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Process until it it forms a paste.
- On a silpat or parchment, press the refrigerated pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 15 inch rectangle. [2 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls may be used instead. Roll out and press the perforations together to form the 11 x 15 inch rectangle]
- Spread the almond paste over the dough from edge to edge. Spread cherry spreadable fruit over the almond paste. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Begin to roll jelly roll style starting with the widest edge, ending seam side down.
- Place into the freezer for 10 minutes to firm, making it easier to cut.
- Use a sharp knife and carefully cut into 12 equal portions. Place side by side in the baking dish.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until golden.
- To prepare the glaze: Melt the white chocolate chips together with the heavy cream in the microwave. heat in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until combined.
- Drizzle the sweet rolls with the glaze, then rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.