Grilled Corn Tomato And Avocado Salad – When the Summer bounty begins to arrive, I can’t get enough of these delicious fresh salads! They’re so simple to prepare, and the ingredients are available in abundance. This vibrant colorful dish is always a pretty addition to the table. We do eat with our eyes first, after all.
This salad can be enjoyed as a side dish to accompany your favorite South of the border meal, served as a dip with tortilla chips, on tacos, fajitas or as a condiment on top of a grilled steak or chicken salad. It easily doubles or triples if you’re feeding a crowd, too. Here’s what you do…
Grilled Corn Tomato And Avocado Salad
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: Approximately 4 cups
- 3 large ears corn, husks removed
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled & cubed [just before adding to the salad]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion or shallots, small dice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½-1 tsp garlic salt
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- Brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning for even browning. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Cool slightly before adding to the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Begin with ½ tsp of garlic salt and red pepper flakes, then adjust to your taste.
- If serving chilled, toss the grilled corn, cherry tomatoes and red onion with the dressing. Cover and chill.
- Peel and cube the avocado mixing into the salad just before serving.
- If serving immediately, toss all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature.