This versatile dish of Alfredo Penne with Ham asparagus and sweet corn is as flavorful as the colors are vibrant. It's a one dish meal the family will love.
Alfredo Penne with Ham Asparagus and Corn
Helpful Tips for Making Alfredo Penne Casserole
I love a dish that's versatile, and combined with a few pantry items this colorful one dish meal can be tailored to your family's taste and the ingredients that you have handy.
- I used a small bundle of steamed asparagus, diced smoked ham and for a twist, crisp corn with peppers.
- If you'd like, you can also mix it up by using a pound of browned ground beef, Italian sausage or 2 cups of chopped roasted chicken in place of the diced ham, all are quite tasty in this dish.
- I've also made this dish using steamed broccoli florets in place of the asparagus.
- As a special bonus, for my vegetarian friends, this dish is also delicious without the meat.
- Other casserole you may enjoy: Italian seasoned Saucy Baked Penne Pasta, Barbecue Beef Tater Tot Casserole and Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Baked Penne from Life in the Lofthouse.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Alfredo Penne with Ham
- 4 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cup dry penne pasta
- 2 15 oz jars prepared Alfredo sauce [I used Classico Light Asiago-Romano]
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup Mexican corn
- ½ lb steamed asparagus or 1 ½ cups steamed broccoli florets
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes rinsed
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- Crumb topping:
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- On the stove top saute the sliced green onions and garlic with 2 tablespoon of butter for 2-3 minutes until they soften. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Remove from the stove. Slice the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook the penne pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well. Add to a large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients reserving ½ cup of shredded provolone for the top.
- Stir well, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the breadcrumbs, pulse two slices of bread in a food processor. Add the parsley, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. [Alternative crumb topping, 1 cup Italian flavored crackers crushed and tossed with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.]
- Toss the crumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle on top of the filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes until bubbly and the topping is golden.
- Serve immediately.