This Almond Fudge Brownie Pie is a tasty grown-up way to enjoy brownies. Serve it warm or at room temperature a la mode, if you dare.
Almond Fudge Brownie Pie
There's something warm and fuzzy about the aroma of brownies baking in the oven. It's one of those smells that takes you back to childhood and it's always a pleasant addition to any desserts table. This recipe is simple, but very fudgy, rich and decadent. Fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on the side is a must! I prefer to serve it slightly warm, so, if you prepare this pie in advance warm each piece just before serving.
Helpful Tips for Making Brownie Pie
- This pie is unapologetically rich. It can be served warm or at room temperature. If making in advance, pieces can be gently re-warmed in the microwave individually.
- You can use milk or dark chocolate chips in this recipe, if you prefer.
- If you don't care for almonds, you can sub pecans or walnuts in the same amount.
- When serving this pie warm, it's vanilla ice cream hands down as the topping. At room temperature, whipped cream works nicely.
- Other brownie recipes to try: Double Chocolate Brownies, buttery Butterscotch Brownies and cream cheese frosted Red Velvet Brownies made from scratch.
- You may also like this recipe for Berry Almond Cream Pie.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Almond Fudge Brownie Pie
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 ¼ cups toasted sliced almonds divided
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen, refrigerated or homemade
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoon solid vegetable shortening or 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Spread almond slices on a baking sheet and toast for 6 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- If using a refrigerated pie crust, allow it to come to room temperature before unrolling. Shape into the pie dish and crimp the edges using a fork.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water being careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Melt the chocolate and shortening together, then stir in the corn syrup. Remove from the heat.
- To the melted chocolate, add ⅔ cup of flour, 2 eggs, 6 tablespoon of cream, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for around 2 minutes until fully combined.
- By hand, stir in one cup of toasted almond slices.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of sliced almonds on top. Bake for 35-38 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Cool for 2 hours or serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 209IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 5mg