Cheesy Italian Meatloaf made in a bundt pan, turns a simple meal into something extraordinary. The pretty presentation elevates this humble and flavorful Italian-style meatloaf, and takes it to another level.
Cheesy Italian Meatloaf Recipe
I've had a life long love of meatloaf. Our homestyle favorite meatloaf we call simply delicious meatloaf. Then, there's a seasonal favorite, turkey meatloaf muffins frosted with mashed potatoes. I also make a taco meatloaf that we love any day of the week. Another fun take on meatloaf is this buffalo chicken meatloaf from Food Network. I've found, that the minute you change the shape of a classic dish, it elevates it and makes it seem more special. I love baking bundt cakes, and do so regularly, but it sure is nice to have a savory use for my pan, too.
How to Make the Best Italian Meatloaf Recipe in a Bundt Pan
- Ingredients you'll need to make cheese stuffed Italian Meatloaf: Ground beef, diced onion, green bell pepper, panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, pasta sauce, chopped basil and Italian parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, steak seasoning, salt, minced garlic, mozzarella cheese and large eggs.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A Bundt pan, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons and mixing bowls.
- When making meatloaf in a bundt pan, it's important to start with a lean ground beef. Naturally, while-baking, liquid is released, and a leaner beef will hold it's shape better.
- If you prefer, once the meatloaf is inverted onto the sheet pan to finish baking, it can be topped with additional pasta sauce in place of sliced cheese.
- You may substitute one pound of Italian sausage for one pound ground beef.
- To save time, you can fully assemble the meatloaf in the pan, cover and chill. Allow to sit on the counter for 15 minutes then bake.
- Store leftover Cheesy Italian Meatloaf chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with Cheesy Italian Meatloaf
The beauty of serving an Italian seasoned meatloaf is it goes equally well with pasta or homestyle favorites like mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Other dishes you may also like to try:
- Fettuccine Alfredo is made with a homemade alfredo sauce that's super simple to make.
- Linguine with Roasted Vegetable Ragu is a terrific way to use fresh garden vegetables in a robust tomato sauce.
- Baked Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes is a delicious make ahead option.
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Reduction is an elegant side dish that comes together with little fuss.
- Italian Spaghetti Salad is always a winning side dish to make.
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables is easy enough for a weekday but impressive enough for company.
- The family will be delighted to enjoy a slice of Italian Cream Cake for dessert.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Italian Meatloaf
- 3 lb lean ground beef i.e. 90/10 OR 2 lbs with 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pasta sauce plus additional warmed for serving
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon steak seasoning i.e.Montreal or Chicago
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt may adjust to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 8 oz block mozzarella cheese, sliced into 20 equal slices
- 8-10 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Have nearby a foil lined sheet pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl mix together the ground beef, onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, Parmesan, pasta sauce, parsley, Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, steak seasoning, garlic and salt. Add eggs.
- Using your hands mix until fully combined and the ingredients are evenly distributed. Divided in half.
- Press ½ of meatloaf mixture in pan. Arrange the mozzarella cheese over the meatloaf then top with the remaining meatloaf mixture. Press evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Drain liquid from bundt pan. (Use oven mitts the pan will be hot.) Center foil lined sheet pan on top, then flip to Invert meatloaf onto the pan. Arrange cheese slices overlapping on top.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F. Return to oven baking for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through and cheese has melted. Rest on pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a platter or cake stand.
- Serve slices with additional warm pasta sauce on the side.