This dreamy Cheddar Cauliflower Soup with Bacon is a riff on classic loaded potato soup. Packed with flavor, it serves up a heaping helping of comfort without the guilt.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup With Bacon
Helpful Tips for Making Cauliflower Soup
- If you prefer to make this cheddar cauliflower soup meat free, leave off the bacon and saute the vegetables in olive oil and butter instead of the bacon drippings. Either way, it’s a winner.
- This soup can easily be prepared in advance and reheated.
- Low fat dairy products work well in this recipe.
- You may substitute turkey bacon in place of pork bacon.
- Serve it as you would any soup, with a salad and buttered rolls or garlic bread, and it is guaranteed to hit the cool weather comfort food spot.
- You may also enjoy my Parade article featuring 18 Crockpot Soup recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup with Bacon
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large head cauliflower separated into florets
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 rib celery diced
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- seasoned salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 32 oz container low sodium chicken stock
- 1 8 oz container onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese plus additional for garnishing
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup cold milk
- 2 green onions sliced
- In a large pot or dutch oven, fry the bacon slices until crisp then remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 Tbsp of drippings in the pot.
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter or a couple of drizzles of olive oil to the reserved drippings. Saute onion, carrot and celery in the drippings until softened and beginning to brown, around 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and minced garlic, cooking until the garlic is fragrant around 1-2 minutes. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Add chicken stock and the cauliflower florets. Cook over medium-high until fork tender, around 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until completely melted and combined.
- Dissolve 3 Tbsp cornstarch in 1 cup cold milk. Stir into the soup. Repeat, if you'd like to add more liquid.
- Cook just until heated through and the soup has thickened. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Add crumbled bacon and stir well. Reserve some bacon crumbles for garnishing.
- Serve immediately with shredded cheese, sliced green onion and bacon crumbles on top, if desired