Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups are a tasty option for making individual serving portions for everyday meals and entertaining. Buttery puff pastry cups are filled with rotisserie chicken, smoked ham and Swiss cheese. Baked until golden they get a sprinkle of fresh chives for color just before serving as a main dish or buffet party food.
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups Recipe
Muffin pans are rock stars for making far more than muffins and cupcakes. In fact, I fill them with so many different single serving foods that I feel I really get my money’s worth out of my purchase. Baked eggs, smoky bacon macaroni and cheese muffins, these chili cheese cornbread muffins smothered with chili and sour cream are among our very favorite muffin pan goodies. How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups with puff pastry:
- Crust – Puff pastry thawed per the package instructions.
- Chicken – Rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken.
- Ham – Fully cooked Deli or baked ham.
- Sauce – Chive and onion cream cheese, half and half and Dijon mustard.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt
- Cheese – Shredded Swiss cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
How to Make the BEST Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups Recipe Using Puff Pastry
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: 12 cup muffin pan, sharp knife and cutting board, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, whisk and spoon.
- Swiss cheese is classic to use when making cordon bleu. In a pinch, you could use gouda, gruyere or mozzarella cheese.
- You can use rotisserie chicken, roasted or baked chicken, grilled chicken or poached chicken in this recipe.
- The ham can be from the grocery store deli or use leftover holiday ham for a round two meal.
- Follow the package instructions for thawing the puff pastry.
- When baking with puff pastry, I have the most success starting these chicken cordon bleu cups on the lower oven rack to bake the bottom of the puff pastry thoroughly.
- Puff pastry is so buttery, it can be a challenge to brown the bottoms if they’re baked in the center of the oven the entire time.
- Once the bottom have baked for a few minutes, move the pan the center oven rack halfway through to finish baking and brown the tops.
- You could also adapt these to mini muffins if you’d like to turn them into an appetizer or bite-size party treat.
- To make mini chicken cordon bleu cups: After rolling the puff pastry, use a sharp knife or pastry wheel to cut it into 24 even pieces. Fit into the mini muffin pan and bake adjusting the baking time accordingly.
- Store baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in single serving portions in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer for a few minutes just until heated through.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
- This recipe for Lemon Butter Chicken with Tarragon is quick and easy.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Casserole is a family friendly way to serve this classic.
- Chicken Cakes are a budget friendly alternative to crab cakes.
- Make your own Chicken Marsala at home.
- Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts are flavor packed.
- Better than takeout Orange Chicken.
- Shake-up your game day snacks with this White Chicken Chili.
- Thai Peanut Chicken from 40 Aprons.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed per package instructions
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a regular 12-cup muffin tin, spray 9 cups lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured non stick surface, roll the puff pastry into roughly a 12 x 12-inch square. Cut into thirds lengthwise, then repeat cutting into thirds horizontally into 9 equal pieces.
- Press each piece into a muffin cup. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, half and half, Dijon and garlic salt until fully combined.
- Add the chicken, ham and 1 cup cheese. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between the 9 muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese. Top with Parmesan.
- Place onto the lower rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Move to the middle rack and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Rest in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove and serve.