Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups are a tasty option for making individual serving portions for everyday meals and entertaining. Buttery puff pastry cups are filled with rotisserie chicken, smoked ham and Swiss cheese. Baked until golden they get a sprinkle of fresh chives for color just before serving as a main dish or buffet party food.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups
Muffin pans are rock stars for making far more than muffins and cupcakes. In fact, I fill them with so many different single serving foods that I feel I really get my money’s worth out of my purchase. Baked eggs, smoky bacon macaroni and cheese muffins chili cheese cornbread muffins smothered with chili and sour cream are among our very favorite muffin pan goodies.
When baking with puff pastry, I have the most success starting these chicken cordon bleu cups on the lower oven rack to bake the bottom of the puff pastry thoroughly. Move them to the center of the oven halfway through to finish baking and brown the tops. Puff pastry is so buttery, it can be a challenge to brown the bottoms if they’re baked in the center of the oven the entire time. You could also adapt these to mini muffins if you’d like to turn them into an appetizer or bite-size party treat. After rolling the puff pastry, cut into 24 even pieces, fill and bake adjusting the baking time accordingly. Another tummy filling dish you may like to try is this Chicken Pot Pie with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes from The Gunny Sack.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Cups
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed per package instructions
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a regular 12-cup muffin tin, spray 9 cups lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured non stick surface, roll the puff pastry into roughly a 12 x 12-inch square. Cut into thirds lengthwise, then repeat cutting into thirds horizontally into 9 equal pieces.
- Press each piece into a muffin cup. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, half and half, Dijon and garlic salt until fully combined.
- Add the chicken, ham and 1 cup cheese. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between the 9 muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese. Top with Parmesan.
- Place onto the lower rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Move to the middle rack and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Rest in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove and serve.