Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites topped with a chive aioli are a fabulous option for parties and holiday gatherings. They're the perfect bite-size serving and the chive aioli takes them to another level of flavor.
Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites
The recipe for these Parmesan crusted crab cake bites comes from the latest seasonal book released by the Editors of Southern Living. They reached out and asked if I'd review the book and I just received my copy of Christmas All Through The South. It's a 400-page visually stunning book filled with Southern Christmas traditions. It encapsulates the beauty of Southern Christmas traditions from beginning to end. From how to pick out the perfect Christmas tree, to beautiful locations to visit, charming decoration ideas, enduring traditions and of course, plenty of party and menu ideas. There are so many recipes to try and enjoy throughout the season this book will take you through to New Years.
Crab Cake Bites and Holiday Snacks
I could tell by the cover that there would be recipe treasures with each turn of the page and I wasn't disappointed. I have quite a collection of Southern Living Christmas Books but this one is sure to become a true keepsake. I love the authenticity with which each writer shared their thoughts and can't wait to try more of the recipes that are included. Add this recipe for crab cake bites to your appetizer menu this holiday season or any occasion when finger foods are being served. Along with my sweet corn and crab puffs, and hot pepper jack crab dip, they're a cost effective way to serve crab to a crowd. For more Southern Christmas inspiration, checkout this article for 12 Ways to Celebrate Christmas in the South on Southern Living.
Featured Recipe from Christmas All Through The South
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post and received the book for review purposes only.
Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites With Chive Aioli
Servings: 24 crab cake bites
- 6 oz fresh lump crabmeat drained
- 2 3 oz packages cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Chive aioli: [Mix together and chill until serving]
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Pick through the crabmeat removing any bits of shell.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cream cheese until blended. Add ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, lemon zest and egg yolk.
- Fold in the crabmeat and chopped parsley.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the remaining Parmesan cheese, melted butter and panko breadcrumbs until fully moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the buttered panko breadcrumbs into each muffin cup, pressing firmly onto the bottom and partially up the sides.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the crabmeat mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then run a knife around the edge to loosen and carefully remove to a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of chive aioli.
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Great tasting, however, the crust portion of this recipe did not hang together. It needs more binder added to it, maybe another egg.
Sweet Didi, how lucky is your friend to be staying with my favorite Greek cook in the whole world? You will love these they are incredible! The book is simply fabulous and quite possibly my favorite one they've ever done. Love to all, M
Can I just say gorgeous sissy of mine that you had me at "crab" and "aioli"!! I know!! I am heading to amazon to see how much this book costs. This recipe rocks my sweetheart! My BFF who just moved back from Australia favorite crustacean is crab!! They are going to spend Christmas with us, so I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO making this for her!!! ♥ ♥ ♥