These Sweet Corn And Crab Puffs are the kind of bite size goodies that I love serving at parties. The corn and sweet crab meat pairs together beautifully. Crab meat is pricey and these puffs are a fantastic way to serve a crab dish to a crowd without breaking the bank. You might want to consider attaching a sign which reads “betcha can’t eat just one!” They are simply that good. On second thought perhaps that isn’t a good idea your guests will figure that one out all on their own.
For holiday gatherings, game or race day munching or any occasion when you’re serving hors d’oeuvres these kind of goodies are a real crowd pleaser. They have the added bonus of reheating beautifully, too. I prefer to make these crab puffs by adding all of the cheese to the dough however, you can also sprinkle the tops with extra cheese if you like. In my kitchen, cheese is in the same category as chocolate, there’s no such thing as too much of either. Ever. Serve these crab puffs with a simple seafood sauce on the side for dipping and you’re good to go.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet Corn And Crab Puffs
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt & black pepper
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning [i.e. old bay seafood magic]
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup cream style corn
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 1/2 cup white lump crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz 2  cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-heat heat, saute the chopped green onion and red pepper in 2 Tbsp of butter until softened. Around 2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- After the onion and pepper have softened remove from the stovetop and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the shredded cheese and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the large eggs, cream corn and heavy cream. Add to the dry ingredients along with the cooked vegetables. Mix until thoroughly moistened.
- Add in the crab meat, gently mixing through the dough.
- Divide the puff dough between the muffin cups using a tablespoon or a 1 oz ice cream scoop. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve immediately.