These Sweet Corn And Crab Puffs are the kind of bite size goodies that I love serving at parties.The corn and sweet crab meat pairs together beautifully. Crab meat is pricey and these puffs are a fantastic way to serve a crab dish to a crowd without breaking the bank. You might want to consider attaching a sign which reads “betcha can’t eat just one!” They are simply that good. On second thought perhaps that isn’t a good idea your guests will figure that one out all on their own.
Sweet Corn Crab Puffs The Perfect Party Small Bite
For holiday gatherings, game or race day munching or any occasion when you’re serving hors d’oeuvres. These kind of bite-size goodies are always a real crowd pleaser. They have the added bonus of reheating beautifully, too. I prefer to make these crab puffs by adding all of the cheese to the dough however, you can also sprinkle the tops with extra cheese if you like. In my kitchen, cheese is in the same category as chocolate, there’s no such thing as too much of either. Ever. Serve these crab puffs with a simple seafood sauce on the side for dipping and you’re good to go.
Party Food Is Always In Style
Whether you’re entertaining friends and family at a backyard soiree or during the holiday season snacks and appetizers are always a big part of the planning. Vegetarian Spinach Puffs or fiesta ready Chicken Enchilada Puffs will both make a tasty addition to the menu.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet Corn And Crab Puffs
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning i.e. Old Bay or Seafood Magic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup cream style corn
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 1/2 cup white lump crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz 2  cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-heat heat, saute the chopped green onion and red pepper in 2 Tbsp of butter for 2 minutes or until softened. Season to your taste with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, seafood seasoning, garlic salt, sugar, paprika and onion powder. Add the shredded cheese and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, cream corn and heavy cream. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients along with the cooked onion and bell pepper. Mix until thoroughly moistened then gently fold in the crab meat.
- Divide the puff dough between the muffin cups using a Tbsp or small ice cream scoop. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve immediately