The island flavors in this Hawaiian Pineapple-Coconut Loaf cake will take you away. Inspired by my love of warm weather and ocean breeze it's filled with pineapple and coconut. The flavors combined make it a spectacular choice to enjoy alongside a cup of Joe or hot tea. The glorious combination of sweet pineapple, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts combine into a triple threat. Enjoy a slice with tea or coffee any time of day.
Sweet Breads and Loaf Cakes
I think loaf cakes are perfect for smaller gatherings when you don't want a ton of leftovers. In general, they're quite simple to make from scratch and often the ingredients are things you may already have on hand. Recipes you can find in the MSSK recipe index include Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread and Harvest Apple Bread that both fall in this same category of easy baking. This pineapple coconut variation freezes just as well as any other cake, and you could also freeze it in individual slices when you'd like a fresh piece to enjoy.
Hawaiian Pineapple-Coconut Loaf
This island inspired loaf cake can be served on it's own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It's also quite delicious with a dollop or to, of fresh whipped cream. The crushed pineapple lends a tender crumb and moist deliciousness to the batter that makes it so delicious. sweet bread heaven. You may also like to browse my Parade article featuring 18 Insanely Delicious Sweet and Savory Quick Breads and this summertime favorite from i heart eating, Peach Cobbler Loaf Cake.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hawaiian Pineapple-Coconut Loaf
- 1 ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut divided
- ½ cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple well drained
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure rum extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread 1 cup flaked coconut and ½ cup macadamia nuts on a baking pan. Roast for 7-8 minutes, then remove the nuts.
- Increase the oven to broil and continue to toast the coconut stirring periodically until browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pineapple into a fine mesh colander and drain, squeezing out any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, 3 large eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla and rum extracts.
- By hand, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until fully moistened. The batter will be stiff.
- Add the toasted coconut, macadamia nuts and crushed pineapple. Mix until combined.
- Spritz a 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan with baking spray. Spread the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup coconut on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then check the top for over-browning. Lay a piece of aluminum foil on top and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan for 1 hour, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.