This Over The Top Peanut Butter Pie is loaded with peanut butter cups, chocolate, cream cheese peanut butter and plenty of chocolate ganache on top. That's right, it's over the top. This Peanut Butter Pie was the very first recipe I ever posted publicly and one of the biggest reasons I started blogging. It's always been a frequently requested recipe from my friends and family alike.
Over The Top Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter pies in the South are considered a bit of a Southern delicacy. They're likely to show up at any potluck meal, office, church or family gathering. Mixing peanut butter and chocolate together in the form of a pie is just one more way to enjoy this heavenly combination of flavors.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This pie requires no baking for those of you who aren't inclined to bake, and the preparation is incredibly simple. That's reason enough to love this pie, but, I think it's the addition of the creamy chocolate ganache that makes this one stand up on it's own. And, I say, why not garnish it with the chopped peanut butter cups? It was likely the inspiration for the original PB pie, and y'all know we all love them.
Other Peanut Butter Desserts to Add to the Menu
Peanut butter is typically a pantry item we all have on hand making it an ideal ingredient for quick dessert. Other desserts you may like to try:
- No bake Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- Always a hit Classic Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Over The Top Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 9 inch deep dish prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed, plus additional for top
- room temperature ganache
- ½ cup chopped peanut butter cups
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts for garnishing
- To prepare the ganache: Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and set aside. In a small stove top pan bring the cream to a boil then immediately remove it from the heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the ganache is completely smooth.
- Pour between ⅓-1/2 inch of warm ganache into the crust. Use a pastry brush, and "paint" the entire crust with warm chocolate reserving ⅓ cup for top.
- Set the crust into the refrigerator so the chocolate can harden while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: Cream together the peanut butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk until fully combined. Lower the speed of your mixer and gradually add the powdered sugar. Continue to beat the ingredients together for 2-3 minutes until there are no visible sugar lumps and the filling is light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping by hand until well blended. Spread filling into crust.
- Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups and drizzle with the room temperature ganache. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.