You may also like: 18 Insanely Delicious Sweet and Savory Quick Breads, Asiago Cheese Bread and Individual Garlic Cheese Breads.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with Bacon And Jalapenos
- 1 large Italian loaf
- 5 finely chopped green onions
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 stick [1/2 cup] butter divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos [more or less to your taste]
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled [to equal 2/3 cup]
- 1/4 tsp each salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Cut the Italian loaf in half and place side by side on a baking sheet. Spread each half with 3 Tbsp of butter and place into the oven to lightly toast. This will only take minutes, so, watch the bread closely.
- While the bread is toasting, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add the chopped green onions and minced garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat then remove from the stove.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sauteed garlic and onions with the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between the two toasted bread halves, and spread from edge to edge.
- Return to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheesy is golden and bubbly.
- Slice and serve immediately.