Are you looking to up your side dish game? This crispy Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli will definitely shake things up. Fresh broccoli florets roasted in the oven with a Parmesan cheese panko breadcrumb topping is sure to elevate your side dish menu to another level.
Easy Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
Fresh broccoli is an all-time personal favorite vegetable of mine. I can’t think of one single way that it can be prepared that I don’t love it. Whether it’s the star of broccoli cheddar soup or tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing like my broccoli salad, it’s a go-to choice for us. I’m always looking to keep things interesting, so when I’m in a time crunch I prepare it roasted broccoli.
How to Make the Best Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
To make this dish, fresh bright green broccoli florets are tossed in a light coating of crispy panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and seasoned to bring out the flavor. It never ceases to amaze me how such a simple preparation technique can be so intensely flavorful. Just a few pointers:
- Ingredients you’ll need to make roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli in the oven: 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets, green onions, minced garlic, olive oil, panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, dried Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic salt and black pepper or lemon pepper to your taste.
- Choose fresh broccoli florets with variations of medium and deep green. Stay away from yellowing broccoli, as the color change is a sign that it’s beginning to deteriorate and not as fresh.
- I don’t recommend roasting frozen broccoli florets. This recipe is designed to use fresh broccoli.
- I’ve never found it necessary to blanch the broccoli prior to roasting it. Give it a good cleaning then allow the broccoli florets to dry on the counter for a it before proceeding with the recipe.
- While baking, some of the crumbs will fall from the roasted broccoli florets and bake on the pan. This is a normal part of the process and doesn’t mean something has gone wrong. Just before serving, spoon those crumbs over the broccoli and you’ll be good to go.
- Adjust the amount of olive oil used to your taste and dietary needs. Also, if you’re spice shy skip the red pepper flakes, or adjust to your personal preference.
- How long does it take to roast broccoli? This recipe takes 20-25 minutes to bake. Adjust the time based on how quickly your oven bakes.
- It’s not necessary to serve this roasted panko parmesan broccoli recipe with a sauce, but it does pair quite well with a warm marinara sauce. It’s also delicious with a buttermilk dressing lightly drizzled on top. You may also opt to top it with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or lemon zest.
- While this broccoli is best baked and served, you can store leftover roasted broccoli in a container lined with a paper towel to absorb any moisture. Reheat in the microwave in single serving potions. Please note, once chilled the breadcrumbs won’t be crispy.
More Southern Style Broccoli Recipes to Make
Broccoli adds color and texture to a so many meals whether it’s served as a side dish or part of an entrée. More broccoli inspired recipes you may like to try:
- New Potato, Ham and Broccoli Cheese Casserole is made completely in the oven.
- Moist Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread are always a meal time win.
- A summer favorite this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe.
- Classic Easy Broccoli Casserole is a retro recipes that never gets old.
- You may also like to try this Broccoli Cheese Quesadilla from Picky Palate.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli
- 2 lb fresh broccoli florets (2 large bunches) cleaned and separated
- 3 green onion sliced, whites only
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt [more or less to your taste]
- light sprinkling black pepper or lemon pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Separate the broccoli florets into bite size pieces. Place into a mixing bowl, with the sliced green onion and minced garlic.
- Pour the olive oil over the broccoli. Toss gently until coated. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Lay in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-23 minutes or until crisp tender and the crumbs are golden.
- Serve immediately.