Saucy Chicken Parmesan – Crispy pan fried chicken Parmesan is a perfect choice for a quick meal. Quick week-night meals are imperative for busy families. After a long day at work, school, extra curricular activities and sports it’s the perfect time to reconnect, relax and enjoy a tasty meal. This saucy chicken Parmesan can be made in very little time with a little coordination of ingredients and organization.
Cook the pasta while you’re preparing the chicken and warm the prepared marinara sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepan. The chicken is breaded and then cooked in a skillet until golden and crispy. Place the chicken under the oven broiler for a couple of minutes just until the cheese is gooey, golden and bubbly. Serve with a steamed vegetable or salad and some hot garlic bread, then sit down, relax and enjoy the meal.
My Delta story:
When handling chicken, such as in this recipe, it’s important to pay close attention to cross contamination cleaning the utensils and work space thoroughly. Making a mess is part of cooking and my hands are the most important kitchen tools that I have. They’re also the first to get messy. In October 2014 I was invited to be a Delta Correspondent to the Southern Living Test Kitchen. Being an avid reader of Southern Living Magazine, it was a glorious experience. Why Delta? Delta faucet is the official faucet of the SL Test Kitchen. It was the first time I had seen Delta’s Touch 2 o technology in action.
The folks at Delta sent one of their smart touch faucets to me so I could try it out in my own kitchen. After having my Delta Touch 2 o faucet installed, I have to say I’m loving it. It’s not only gorgeous but it makes my clean-up tasks so much easier. To activate it requires a light touch anywhere on the spout or handle to start the flow of water. The head also serves as a removable sprayer. You control the temperature by setting or moving the handle into whatever position you desire.
My hands are regularly covered in something delicious in the making and the ease of using this faucet has really helped expedite the clean-up process. The styling fits my decor beautifully, too. If you’d like to know more about my smart touch faucet you can read more about it on the Delta Faucet website here.
Disclosure: As a Delta Correspondent I was asked to try and review a Touch 2 o faucet and write about my experience.
Saucy Chicken Parmesan
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp olive oil more as needed
- 1  oz jar prepared marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz dry linguine angel hair pasta, or thin spaghetti, your preference
- 6 slices mozzerella cheese
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water until al dente.
- Warm the marinara sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound to approximately 3/8-inch thickness. Season lightly with salt and black pepper
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- To coat, dredge both sides of the seasoned chicken in the all-purpose flour.
- Dip in the beaten egg, shaking off the excess,
- Coat in the seasoned crumbs.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp of butter with 3 Tbsp of olive oil. Brown the chicken pieces over medium-high heat until golden cooking for around 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Add additional butter and olive oil as needed.
- If using an oven safe skillet, spoon around 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of each piece of chicken and top with cheese. Otherwise, place onto a baking pan spritzed with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to broil. Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly and golden.
- Drizzle warm marinara sauce on the pasta and place the chicken on top.