Turn cheese tortellini into this Three Cheese Tortellini Bake easy enough for weekday meals and impressive enough for entertaining.
Three Cheese Tortellini Bake
Refrigerated three cheese tortellini is a fantastic quick fix for meals on busy days. They also turn into amazing Italian casseroles. We all have those stressful what's-for-dinner thoughts, and they seem to be even more overwhelming when there's a hungry family to feed.
Helpful Tips for Making Cheese Tortellini Bake
- This entire dish can be assembled ahead of time, covered and chilled. It's ready to pop into the oven when you're ready to get the dinner ball rolling.
- You can use dry tortellini or frozen tortellini for this recipe in the same amount. Both of which will need to be cooked per the respective package directions then proceed with the recipe. This can also be done in advance to expedite assembly.
- Use a quality prepared marinara sauce for the best and most delicious end result. It's perfectly fine to use your favorite brand that's seasoned to your liking.
- Serve this casserole with roasted vegetables or a seven layer salad and it becomes a dish that's easy enough for busy weekdays, but tasty enough for company.
Other Pasta Casseroles to Add to the Menu
- Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Nacho Beef and Macaroni
- Alfredo Penne with Ham
- Saucy Baked Penne
- Cheesy Hamburger Noodle Casserole from Beyer Beware
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Three Cheese Tortellini Bake
- 2 9 oz packages refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¾ lb spicy or sweet Italian sausage
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 24 oz jars marinara sauce your favorite
- 1 8 oz container chive nd onion cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 12-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Prepare the cheese tortellini, per the package instructions slightly under cooking. [i.e. Cook for 7 minutes instead of 9] Drain well.
- On the stovetop in a deep large skillet heat a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Add the diced onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion softens and is beginning to brown. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook until no pink remains then drain all excess fat from the pan.
- Add marinara sauce. Stir until combined then remove from the heat.
- Whip together the cream cheese, dry Italian seasoning and milk.
- To assemble, Layer half of the cheese tortellini in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with ⅓ of the sauce.
- Dollop ½ of the cream cheese in teaspoon portions randomly over the sauce, then cover with ½ of the shredded mozerella cheese.
- Repeat, cheese tortellini, ⅓ sauce, the remaining cream cheese. Top with final ⅓ of sauce. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and the cheese has browned.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.