This irresistible 7 Up Pound Cake makes a spectacular addition to any occasion. Serve it for a casual mid-afternoon treat, a special holiday dessert or as the sweet ending to a backyard patio party. It's an anytime of year classic that's always a winning choice.
7 Up Pound Cake
This 7 Up pound cake recipe is from my sweet friend Jocelyn Delk's brand new cookbook named after her popular blog "Grandbaby Cakes." I met Jocelyn on my recent trip to visit with the folks at Martha White and White Lily in Nashville TN. I was immediately drawn to her vibrant personality and passion for baking. As I thumbed through the pages of her cookbook I understood the connection more clearly. Jocelyn's book pays homage to the cook's and bakers in here life who have inspired her love of baking.
Pound Cakes are Southern Staples
- You can serve this cake as is without a glaze, or with the 7 Up glaze included in the recipe.
- I wanted to show you a fun way to serve cake when entertaining. I like to cut the cake beforehand and arrange the slices on a cake pedestal. I prefer this method as it prevents my guests from having to fumble with cutting their own piece and it's such a pretty presentation.
- You can then serve it with fresh berries or berry pie filling, lemon or lime curd and fresh whipped cream.
Pound cakes in general freeze well making them perfect for making in advance. This delicious 7 Up pound cake is sure to become a favorite with your family just as it has in my family. Pick up a copy of Jocelyn's new book for more baking inspiration and read the sweet stories she tells about the time honored traditions she enjoys with her family as well.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
7 up Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups butter softened
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ cup 7 Up room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp 7 Up room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a standard bundt pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk, whip the softened butter for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and salt. After all has been added whip on high speed for 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Switch to the beater attachment.
- Gradually add the flour alternately with the 7 Up. Mix on low speed until all of the flour has been added. Beat in the lemon extract. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Spread evenly into the bundt pan. Bounce on the counter a few rimes to settle and release air bubbles.
- Bake for 70-85 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, 7 up and lemon extract until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.