Oven Fried Blackened Potato Wedges
Servings: 6 -8
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp blackened seasoning additional salt if needed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Suggested dipping sauces: Ranch Russian, Blue Cheese or Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray each pan liberally with cooking spray and set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and remove any blemishes leaving peels intact.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3 wedges. Place the wedges into a large mixing bowl, and season with 1 teaspoon of blackened seasoning. Drizzle 1/4 cup of olive oil over the wedges.
- Toss the potatoes until they're evenly coated then add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the potato wedges cut side down onto the prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Sprinkle the tops with a little more seasoning.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 475°F. Turn the wedges over and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the wedges are tender and crispy.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
As a rule of thumb, allow one potato or 4-6 wedges per person. If you'd like to lighten up these wedges, spray the potatoes liberally with a cooking spray in place of the olive oil.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!