These Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion is a mouthwatering skillet dish chocked-full with flavor. Tender marinated chunks of sirloin steak are seasoned then cooked to perfection with a charred bark on the exterior yet tender and juicy. All tossed with a generous amount of sweet onion and colorful bell peppers, they're ready to eat in around 15 minutes.
Quick Fix Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion
Sirloin tips often get overlooked when it comes to quick-fix meals but, it truly is a fabulous choice. Once the steak bites have been marinated you can have this dish ready to serve in around 20 minutes. I like to serve it with a baked potato or mashed potatoes and a salad for a tasty and quick weeknight meal. At times, I'll turn this skillet sirloin tip sauté into a Tex-Mex creation seasoning the sirloin tips with fajita seasoning and a squeeze of lime juice. Wrap in warm tortillas and top with your favorite fajita toppers. To go full-out Asian, use an Asian seasoning in place of the steak seasoning and serve over rice or on toasted sub rolls. It's a quick-fix meal to fill hungry tummies and there's never a scrap leftover.
Helpful Tips for Making Sirloin Tips
- This skillet is perfectly tasty just as is but, I also love how simple it is to transform it into other flavors.
- At times, I'll turn this skillet sirloin tip sauté into a Tex-Mex creation seasoning the sirloin tips with fajita seasoning and a squeeze of lime juice. Wrap in warm tortillas and top with your favorite fajita toppers.
- To go full-out Asian, use an Asian seasoning in place of the steak seasoning and serve over rice or on toasted sub rolls.
- It's a quick-fix meal to fill hungry tummies and there's never a scrap leftover.
- A tasty date night meal would be these Sautéed Medallions with Pearl Onion Red Wine Sauce from Certified Angus Beef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sauteed Sirloin Tips With Bell Peppers And Onion
- 3 lb sirloin steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Teriyaki or Soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil plus additional for cooking
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley or cilantro
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp steak seasoning divided [i.e. Mesquite/Montreal/Chicago/ Kansas City your preference]
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse, pat dry and cut the sirloin steaks into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chopped parsley, 3 clove minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Place into a plastic storage bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To prepare, remove the sirloin tips from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin tips. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and to your preferred doneness. Season with 1 tsp of steak seasoning. Remove from the pan to a platter to rest.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onion wedges to the pan. Season with 1 tsp steak seasoning and black pepper to your taste. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 5 minutes scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until browned and crisp tender.
- Add the sirloin beef tips back to the pan. Stir until heated through then serve.