These Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion is a mouthwatering skillet dish chocked-full with flavor. Tender marinated chunks of sirloin steak are seasoned then cooked to perfection with a charred bark on the exterior yet tender and juicy. All tossed with a generous amount of sweet onion and colorful bell peppers, they’re ready to eat in around 15 minutes.
Quick Fix Meals
Sirloin tips often get overlooked when it comes to quick-fix meals but, it truly is a fabulous choice. Once the steak bites have been marinated you can have this dish ready to serve in around 20 minutes. I like to serve it with a baked potato or mashed potatoes and a salad for a tasty and quick weeknight meal.At times, I’ll turn this skillet sirloin tip saute into a Tex-Mex creation seasoning the sirloin tips with fajita seasoning and a squeeze of lime juice. Wrap in warm tortillas and top with your favorite fajita toppers. To go full-out Asian, use an Asian seasoning in place of the steak seasoning and serve over rice or on toasted sub rolls. It’s a quick-fix meal to fill hungry tummies and there’s never a scrap leftover.
Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sauteed Sirloin Tips With Bell Peppers And Onion
- 3 lb sirloin steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki or Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil plus additional for cooking
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley or cilantro
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp steak seasoning divided [i.e. Mesquite/Montreal/Chicago/ Kansas City your preference]
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse, pat dry and cut the sirloin steaks into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chopped parsley, 3 clove minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Place into a plastic storage bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To prepare, remove the sirloin tips from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin tips. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and to your preferred doneness. Season with 1 tsp of steak seasoning. Remove from the pan to a platter to rest.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onion wedges to the pan. Season with 1 tsp steak seasoning and black pepper to your taste. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 5 minutes scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until browned and crisp tender.
- Add the sirloin beef tips back to the pan. Stir until heated through then serve.