These Sautéed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion is a mouthwatering skillet dish chocked-full with flavor. Tender marinated chunks of sirloin steak are seasoned then cooked to perfection with a charred bark on the exterior yet tender and juicy. All tossed with a generous amount of sweet onion and colorful bell peppers, they're ready to eat in around 15 minutes.
Easy Sautéed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion Recipe
Sirloin tips often get overlooked when it comes to quick-fix meals, but if you can catch them on sale, it truly is a fabulous choice. I like to serve these sirloin tips with a baked potato or mashed potatoes and a salad for a tasty weeknight meal. At times, I'll turn these skillet sirloin tips into a Tex-Mex creation seasoning them with fajita seasoning and a squeeze of lime. Wrap it all up in warm tortillas and set up a toppings bar for the family. You can add seasonings to add Asian flare and serve over rice or stuffed onto toasted sub rolls. It's a quick-fix family friendly meal and there's never a scrap leftover.
How to Make the Best Sautéed Sirloin Tips with Bell Peppers and Onion Recipe
This easy sirloin tip skillet is meant to be flexible. I make it in my cast iron skillet to get that beautiful char, but you can make it in any other similar size skillet or pan. This skillet meal is perfectly tasty just as is, but I also love how simple it is to transform it into a variety of other flavors. Once the steak bites have been marinated you can have this dish ready to serve in around 20 minutes.
- What are sirloin tips? They're basically sirloin steak that's been cubed into bite size portions. They cook quickly making them ideal for quick meals and stir fry's.
- To get that beautiful char on the steak, start with a smoking hot skillet and don't flip the pieces until they easily release when gently tugged.
- You can use any variety of bell peppers that you like for this recipe. You can also use red onion or yellow onion with each bringing their own unique flavor to the dish.
- At times, I'll turn this skillet sirloin tip sauté into a Tex-Mex creation seasoning the sirloin tips with fajita seasoning and a squeeze of lime juice. Wrap in warm tortillas and top with your favorite fajita fixings.
- To go full-out Asian flavors use an Asian seasoning in place of the steak seasoning, add a few dashes of teriyaki or soy sauce, a drizzle of hoisin sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice then serve it over cooked rice
- You can also stuff these sirloin tips peppers and onion on toasted hoagie rolls. Top with sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese and and put them under the broiler just until the cheese melts for a gooey cheesesteak.
- Adjust the cooking time of the sirloin steak depending on the desired level of doneness that suits your family's taste. There's no one shoe fits all here.
- Sirloin tips can be gently reheated or transformed into a steak quesadillas, added to a frittata or make a skillet of steak and potato hash.
More Easy Steak Recipes to Make
I'm all about quick fix weekday meals to fill the hungry eaters at our table. A clean plate makes this Mom happy, that's for sure. More easy steak recipes you may like to try for your family from my kitchen to yours:
- Smothered Steak Tips with Creamy Mushrooms and Onions are better than a steakhouse.
- Asian inspired Teriyaki Steak Tips with green pepper and onion.
- Tender and flavorful Slow Cooked Smothered Swiss Steak with a tomato gravy.
- Smothered Philly Cheese Cubed Steak are started on the stovetop and finished in the oven.
- A tasty date night meal would be these Sautéed Medallions with Pearl Onion Red Wine Sauce from Certified Angus Beef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sautéed Sirloin Tips With Bell Peppers And Onion
- 3 lb sirloin steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Teriyaki or Soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil plus additional for cooking
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley or cilantro
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon steak seasoning divided [i.e. Mesquite/Montreal/Chicago/ Kansas City your preference]
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse, pat dry and cut the sirloin steaks into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chopped parsley, 3 clove minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Place into a plastic storage bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To prepare, remove the sirloin tips from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin tips. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and to your preferred doneness. Season with 1 teaspoon of steak seasoning. Remove from the pan to a platter to rest.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onion wedges to the pan. Season with 1 teaspoon steak seasoning and black pepper to your taste. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 5 minutes scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until browned and crisp tender.
- Add the sirloin beef tips back to the pan. Stir until heated through then serve.