These Slow Cooked Spicy Peach Pork Chops are packed with flavor. Serve them over a bed of rice to soak up all of the simple kicked-up peach sauce.
Slow Cooked Spicy Peach Pork Chops
If you're a fan of slow cooking these tender sweet and spicy pork chops are a real treat. Put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do the meal time preparation while you're busy about life. The important things in life.
Slow Cooked Peach Pork Chops for Busy Day Cooking
It seems the whole world is buzzing constantly, going here and there to fulfill busy schedules. My life is just the same. Both of my sons have just started another season of basketball. Between practices, games, homework and many other social commitments, my slow cooker has become my best friend and personal chef. Honestly, if it wasn't for my slow cooker, I don't think we would have a hot meal most days of the week. To complete this dish, all I have to do is make a simple fluffy rice pilaf, and a steamed veggie and we're good to go. Happy family.
Helpful Tips for Making Pork Chops
- You may need to adjust your cooking time based on the thickness of the pork chops you're cooking. These pork chops were around ¾ inches thick and they were ready in 7 hours. If your chops are thicker cut, you'll likely need to increase the time by 30 minutes-1 hour.
- If you prefer less heat, I highly recommend using Heinz Chili Sauce or similar, and adding red pepper flakes to your taste for heat. In this instance, you're in full control of the level of spice.
- I use boneless pork cips for this recipe. You could adapt using bone-in if you prefer. In that instance, it likely will cook closer to the longest range of cooking time.
- Other slow cooked wonders you may enjoy trying: Slow Cooked Smothered Cubed Steak, Slow Cooked French Dip or homemade Slow Cooked Spaghetti Sauce.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Peach Preserves from Natasha's Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooked Spicy Peach Pork Chops
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 ¾ inch thick boneless pork chops [about 2 ½ lbs]
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon each salt black pepper & paprika
- For the sauce:
- 1 12 oz jar peach preserves
- ½ cup sweet & spicy chili sauce [i.e. Asian style Annie Chun's Korean]
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix together the flour, salt, black pepper & paprika. Dust both sides of the pork chops with the seasoned flour shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops on both sides over high heat in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. [This step adds a layer of flavor by browning them.] After browning, arrange in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce over the pork chops, then place the lid firmly on top.
- Depending on the thickness of the pork chops cook for 6-8 adjust according to thicken of pork chop. Cook until fork tender.
- To thicken the sauce at the end of cooking: Mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with just enough cold water to dissolve. Whisk to the hot sauce, stirring constantly until thickened. Repeat, if needed.
- Serve over rice pilaf, if desired.
You may need to adjust your cooking time based on the thickness of the pork chops. These pork chops were around ¾ inches thick and they were ready in 7 hours. They're never perfectly the same size. If you're cooking pork chops that are thicker, you'll likely need to increase the cooking time by 30 minutes-1 hour.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
I've made this recipe several times and it comes out perfect. My family loves it, thanks Melissa!