This Buffalo Chicken Chili takes all of the flavors of hot wings and turns it into a comforting meal in a bowl. Topped with bleu cheese crumbles and sliced green onion, it’s sure to bring the heat to your meal.
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Helpful Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Cannellini beans work best for this chili. Navy beans would likely work well, too. Regardless, don’t skip rinsing the beans.
- You can adjust the amount of heat to your taste using more, or less, hot sauce.
- The dry ranch dressing mix serves to season the chili. Always taste, and make any adjustments to your personal preference at the end of cooking.
- Crumbled bleu cheese or gorgonzola cheese is the crowning to touch to complete the flavor profile. You can read more about how to pick the best bleu cheese on Rachel Ray Mag.
Dishes to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Chili
A delicious choice to serve with any chili is cornbread. Cornbread with a kick like my Jalapeno Pepper Jack Cornbread or a milder Skillet Honey Cornbread. Garlic bread would be another tasty option as well as a big bowl of fritos or tortilla chips.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp dark chili powder or ground ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 14.5 oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 rib celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup hot sauce i.e. Frank's or your favorite
- 1 1 oz packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 8 oz container chive and onion cream cheese softened
- blue cheese crumbles, green onion and sour cream for serving
- Rub chicken pieces on all sides with chili powder, salt and pepper. Arrange in bottom of slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add tomatoes, beans, onion, celery and garlic. Add chicken stock, hot sauce and Ranch dressing mix. Stir not disturbing the chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2-5 hours. Uncover, remove chicken breasts. Use 2 forks to shred or chop. Return to slow cooker with cream cheese. Stir well to distribute, the cream cheese will begin melting immediately. Stir until incorporated.
- Cover, and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes on high, just until cream cheese has completely melted and the chili is well blended. Stir well.
- Serve topped with sour cream, blue cheese crumbles and green onion and additional hot sauce, if desired.