This creamy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is smothered with a homemade white sauce that makes it a cross between macaroni and cheese and alfredo sauce. Not bad company, right? This delectable dish is another one of my go-to dishes when I need to feed a crowd with not a lot of money. The creamy and decadent homemade white sauce makes it company worthy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 celery rib finely diced
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms [or your preference]
- olive oil
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter or light butter
- seasoned salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp
- 4 oz jar pimentos well drained
- 3 cup cooked chicken roughly chopped
- 3 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese or Italian cheese blend divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- On the stove top in a medium-size pot, cook the diced onion, mushrooms and celery in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften and are beginning to brown. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same saucepan melt 1 stick of butter. Add the flour stirring constantly over medium-high heat.
- Begin to whisk in the milk. Continue to cook, stirring continuously over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and black pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste, if needed.
- Remove from the heat and add 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, cooked chicken, pimentos and 2 cups of shredded cheese to the large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over and stir until combined.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.