This glorious Death By Chocolate Eclair Cake features a chocolate mousse-like filling sandwiched between chocolate graham crackers, then topped with a chocolate ganache. The top is beautifully garnished with chocolate whipped cream making it a chocolate lovers dream come true.
Death by Chocolate Eclair Cake Dessert
As if it couldn't get better than layers of chocolate mousse sandwiched between graham crackers, it's also a no-bake dessert that's fabulous for a potluck, family or office party. It seems almost too good to be true. Regardless of which direction you go, eclair cakes are fun to make and totally delicious. It's important that you make this chocolate eclair cake one day in advance to allow the graham crackers to soften and become almost brownie-like in flavor. It's a magical cake that's sure to become a keeper in your recipe file.
Other No-Bake Desserts to Add to the Menu
Looking for more no bake inspiration? Checkout these recipes for inspiration:
- If you're a fan of chocolate covered cherries, be sure to checkout my Chocolate Cherry Eclair Cake.
- Lemon lovers No Bake Lemon Bliss Cheesecake.
- Candy bar filled Butterfinger Pie.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake for the Reese's fans.
- For the caramel fans in your life a decadent Caramel Eclair Dessert from the Midnight Baker
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Death By Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 24 oz package chocolate graham crackers
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cup half & half
- 2 3.9 oz boxes instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8 oz chocolate frozen whipped topping, thawed (See Cook's Note)
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, almond and vanilla until creamy around 1-2 minutes.
- Add the half & half and both packages of pudding to the creamed cheese. Whip on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until fully combined and creamy. .
- In the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish arrange one layer of graham crackers breaking to fit as needed. Spread with ½ of the chocolate filling. Repeat ending with a third layer of graham crackers.
- In a microwave safe dish melt together the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth then cool slightly.
- Pour the slightly cooled ganache on top. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top each piece with a dollop of chocolate whipped topping.
- Store leftovers chilled.
2 cups heavy cream, plus additional to form a paste
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
Optional: ½ tsp espresso or ½ tsp vanilla extract
Place the cocoa and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Mix together the sugar and cocoa powder with enough heavy cream to form a paste. (This helps prevent lumps) Add the cocoa paste to the cream. Beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.