Whether you turn this crust into delicious “breadsticks” or top with your favorite pizza toppings, this Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Crust will have the kiddos eating their vegetables. It packs all the flavor without the guilt.
Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
It can be such a challenge to get the kids to eat their vegetables sometimes. My boys are teenagers now, and I don’t believe it’s gotten any easier through the years, than when they were toddlers. Even so, I still like to try to push the envelope with them from time to time. This recipe, which I make for myself regularly, was one they ended up really liking. People who are trying to eat keto or lower carb use cauliflower as an alternative to ingredients with higher starch content. I’m a cauliflower fan so, for me it’s a win-win. Just like this oven baked buffalo cauliflower from Spend with Pennies. Cauliflower can be delicious!
Tips for Making Cauliflower Pizza Crust
When substituting cauliflower for flour in a crust, I’ll be the first to say, that the texture isn’t going to be the same as flour. It’s just not. That said, it’s a mighty tasty option to shake things up from time to time.
- It’s very important to squeeze the liquid out of the riced cauliflower after it’s cooked in the microwave. You’ll be amazed how much releases from the cauliflower.
- You can use this recipe in two ways. Top it with pizza sauce and pepperoni or sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onion or any variety of toppings. You can also enjoy it simply topped with cheese as “breadsticks” with pizza sauce for dipping. Either way, it’s delicious.
- You can adapt this recipe using different varieties of shredded cheese in the same amount.
- You can omit pepper flakes from the crust and sprinkle those on top, if preferred.
- This recipe can also be made using a round 14 inch pizza pan.
Other Italian Inspired Dishes You May Like to Try
- Pepperoni Pizza Chicken
- Asiago Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Cheesy Italian Meatloaf made in a bundt pan!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 jumbo head cauliflower (to equal 6 cups riced) core removed, and riced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt may adjust to taste
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley or basil
- pizza sauce and toppings of choice to make pizza
- Place cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until finely riced. Cook in a microwave safe bowl on high power, covered for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with a silicone mat or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower into a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Repeat until excess moisture is removed.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together cauliflower, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, onion powder, pepper flakes and eggs.
- Pour onto center of sheet pan. Press into roughly a 14 x 10 inch rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Spray the top lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pizza: Top with pizza sauce and your favorite pizza toppings along with remaining 1 cup cheese and 2 Tbsp Parmesan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until toppings are cooked and cheese is golden and bubbly. Breadsticks: Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and 2 Tbsp Parmesan. Bake for another 8 minutes or just until the cheese is golden and bubbly and crust is golden around the edges.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then use a pizza cutter to cut into pieces. May serve breadsticks with pizza sauce for dipping. Garnish with parsley.