Baked Artichoke Fondue
Tips for Making Baked Artichoke Fondue
- You can bake this dip fondue in a baking dish as I did, or in a large hollowed out bread bowl.
- When baking in a bread bowl, be certain to wrap the bottom and sides in foil for added support or, it can break while baking.
- You can adapt this artichoke dip using a different cheese, if you like.
- Serve this creamy dip with crackers, pita chips, crostini or pull apart bread for dipping.
Other Dishes with Artichokes You May Enjoy
Artichokes are often paired with spinach and in this Italian spinach and artichoke dip the classic pairing doesn't disappoint. Artichokes make a mouth watering addition to my chicken, spinach and artichoke lasagna for a main dish option. You may also enjoy this article from Noshing with the Nolands for tips on how to cook and eat an artichoke.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Artichoke Fondue
- 1 8 oz container mascarpone cheese or block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 0.6 oz package dry zesty Italian salad dressing seasoning or Kraft "Anything" dry dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or peccarino-romano cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spritz a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whip together mascarpone or cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, dry Italian dressing mix and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Fold in artichokes, green onion, Parmesan and 1 cup shredded cheese by hand. Mix well.
- Pour evenly into baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve warm with pita chips, crackers or cubed bread for dipping.