Million Dollar Dip is a glorious combination of a few simple and easy to find ingredients that magically combine into a heavenly amalgamation of flavors. It’s one of those party favorites that have been rotating on game day and holiday appetizer menus for eons. Serve it with crackers or crudité and watch it disappear.
Easy Million Dollar Dip Recipe
My family really gravitates to appetizers like this million dollar dip. In fact, some days we’d rather dip our dinner than have a full meal. In particular on weekends when our days are more casual and less rushed. Some of our favorite dips like my Three Cheesesteak Dip and Chicken Enchilada dips are very much like a complete meal themselves. This particular dip is a no-cook dip, so it’s particularly convenient for making in advance when entertaining as it becomes even more robust in flavor as it chills.
How to Make the Best Million Dollar Dip Recipe
This million dollar dip is no different from others in that it gets better when made in advance so the flavors can marry. You can make it one day ahead of time and pop it into the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve it. You may have also heard this vintage dip called Neiman Marcus Dip or ABC Dip referring to the almond, bacon and cheese combo. Regardless of the name, my spin combines chive and onion cream cheese with mayonnaise, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and toasted almonds all combined with simple seasonings to give it a more complex flavor.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for easy Million Dollar Dip: Toasted slivered almonds, mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) chive and onion cream cheese, garlic powder or granulated garlic, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cooked and chopped or crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and crackers, vegetables or chips for dipping.
- While you could use precooked bacon for a time saver, I highly recommend you go the extra mile and make your own for a more quality result.
- Can you use a different kind of cheese? You could, but in this instance a good sharp cheddar or medium cheddar cheese works like a charm.
- Toasting the almonds takes such little effort with big flavor rewards. To toast the almonds, spread them in a single layer on a sheet pan. Toast in a preheated 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the remaining ingredients.
- This ingredients for this million dollar dip will easily double, if you’re feeding a crowd.
- Serve this dip with crackers and fresh vegetables such as celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices.
- You can also use potato chips, tortilla chips, pita chips or crostini for dipping.
- You can store prepared Million Dollar Dip in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Southern Style Dip Recipes to Make
Regardless of the type of gathering from casual game day parties, entertaining friends and family or holiday meals dips are always a favorite. More homemade dip recipes you may like to try:
- Tangy Dill Pickle Dip is addictive!
- You may have everything you need in your cupboard to make Homemade Ranch Dip.
- Baked Mexican Fiesta Dip.
- Hot Corn and Crab Dip is a summer favorite.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is a riff on all of the flavors we love about spicy buffalo wings.
- Make your own Homemade French Onion Dip one time and you’ll be hooked!
- Easy Shrimp Dip recipe.
- Tasty Easy Zesty Cheese Dip from A Family Feast is perfect for game day eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Million Dollar Dip
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 8-oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, lemon pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- By hand mix in the shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, green onion and almonds. Mix well.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for at least 6 hours preferably overnight.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables or pita chips for dipping.