This collection of 32 Best Labor Day Recipes is perfect for your end of summer party. Whether you’re planning a small gathering with the family or an epic block party, this collection has plenty of edible inspiration to plan your menu Southern style.
32 Best Labor Day Recipes that are Easy to Make
Labor Day is a day set aside to honor the American worker. It should be filled with rest and relaxation along with a bevy of good food, friends and family. When it comes to picnics and backyard soirees, the menu runs the full gamut from appetizers and entrées to side dishes and decadent summer desserts. Garden vegetables and fruits are plentiful and there’s an abundance of fresh produce everywhere you look. When it comes to entertaining on these occasions, make ahead dishes are your best friend. There’s a wide variety of appetizers, salads, entrées, side dishes and desserts that are often suitable for assembling in advance. Having dishes pre-assembled and ready to be cooked and or served allows the host and hostess time to have fun, too. Preparing as many things as you can in advance leaves minimal time you’ll have to cook when the party starts.
Best Labor Day Appetizers:
(Links to Recipes Below each Image. Left to Right)
- This recipe for cornmeal coated Fried Green Tomatoes is the only one you’ll ever need!
- Make ahead Million Dollar Dip will disappear in no time flat.
- Bread and Butter Pickles can be whipped up a couple of weeks in advance saving time and money.
- Southern Deviled Eggs can be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
- Southern Pimento Cheese served with crackers, pretzels or celery sticks for dipping is always a hit.
- Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa is perfect with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Baked Cheesy Garlic and Herb Bread can be made in he oven or on the grill.
- Shrimp Cocktail served with a homemade cocktail sauce and lemon dill sauce for dipping can be made completely in advance. Chill thoroughly then arrange on a platter of ice for serving.
Best Labor Day Grilling Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburgers with Coca Cola Onions are great as the onions can be prepped in advance then reheated prior to serving.
- Saucy Baby Back Ribs can be cooked low and slow in the oven then chilled. Pop them onto the grill and slather with barbecue sauce just before serving.
- Teriyaki London Broil with a homemade garlic herb butter to add flavor and shine.
- You can make these Sweet Chili Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packs in the oven, on the grill or over a campfire.
- The carnivores at your table will love this juicy Bison Burger Recipe.
- Grilled Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin melts in your mouth.
- Easy Hot Dog Chili can be made up to 2 months in advance and popped into the freezer. Simply thaw and reheat and you’ll have the best dressed dogs on the block.
- Grilled Chili Rubbed Skirt Steak can be served on warm tortillas, too.
Best Labor Day Salads and Side Dishes to Make
- Southern Barbecue Baked Beans are equally delicious as a side dish or ladled over cornbread for a complete meal.
- The family will flip for this BLT Macaroni Salad recipe.
- Buttery Grilled Corn on the Cobb is sweet and delicious grilled inside the husk.
- This bright and fresh Watermelon Salad adds color and interest to the table.
- This amazing Tomato Cracker Salad may just be the best salad you’ve never heard of.
- Southern Potato Salad goes well with burgers and hot dogs as well as grilled steak, chicken and pork.
- Layered Southwestern Cornbread Salad is as delicious as the colors are vibrant.
- You won’t believe how easy these Grilled Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are to make.
Best Labor Day Desserts and Sweets to Make
- This recipe for Hawaiian Ice Box Pie requires no baking at all.
- Red White and Blue Ice Cream Cake is ideal for any All-American celebration.
- Make this Easy Banana Pudding one day in advance and watch it disappear.
- No churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is a guaranteed dessert win.
- Key Lime Cheesecake has a no bake filling that’s simple to make.
- German Chocolate Brownies are rich and decadent.
- Red White and Blue Cupcakes will make kids of all ages happy.
- Hot Fudge Cake is topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!